• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sydney's Struggling a Little

Shirley wrote: I feel really guilty leaving him behind when I take Bosco out.

Have you thought of getting a pet stroller? This means you can take Trapper out with you, he can ride along like the Queen, enjoying the change of scene, and if he's well enough get out in the park for a little potter around. I got one when Oliver had to have 4 weeks crate rest for his spondylosis, and then had to start slowly back into exercise, so that he could still come to obedience shows and visiting friends with Aled and me. Mine was about £40; it's quite sturdy (you can get more expensive off-road ones), folds up like a child's buggy, and even when Trapper no longer needs it, it's a very useful thing to have to lend out to others in similar situations (as Oliver's fine, mine's out on loan at the moment). Pity you're so far away, otherwise you could have borrowed mine!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

PS When Meg had CHF and was my only dog, I used to pop her into my bicycle basket and take her out for a country ride, with a few minutes sniffing round a field on the way!

I just found this group and am so glad to be able to talke with other 'parents' with Cav's who have MVD and CHF. I wanted a Cav for many years and finally was able to get Mac who is 9 1/2 now! I can't believe how fast the time has flown by but he slowed down the last few years and can barely walk a few hundred feet without gasping for air. As many of you mentioned, he still seems to love life he just spends much of it sleeping now. I hate not being able to help him...that is the worst part for me.

:thnku:I've just gone back and re-read this thread and just want to thank everyone for their support. I was feeling pretty down yesterday and starting to feel hopeless and alone. Writing it out on this forum and reading your replies certainly helped me and I'm feeling better.

Sydney had a pretty good day today too. He chased a few birds, barked with the dogs next door, and throughly enjoyed his food. So for today, all is well.

So glad to hear that Sydney is having a good day today, wishing you many, many more good days together. Sending gentle hugs to you both :hug:

Hi Joyce, I'm sorry I missed all this. My only excuse is human issues with kits if family dynamics going on.

That said......just wantd to add that I will be praying for you and especially Sydney. You are such a special mom, and Sydney such a special boy. It'd hard when we are a one dog family. And they are only 'child'. But just know that so man people care so very deeply.

Hugs to you and handsome Sydney, from me and sweet little Claire.

Hi Joyce,

I have just read this post , Iam sorry Sydney has been having a tough time recently , Iam sending you positive thoughts and a virtual hug.

You were a great support to me and Scooby last year so I would like to offer my support to you and say Iam keeping everything crossed for Sydney , one thing I learned from Scooby's MVD was to enjoy everyday you have with them and know that no matter what you have always and continue to give him the best of care and love and he knows that too........

Take care..

Sharon

Back