• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The Cavalier Matters Crufts team

Nicki

Have been VERY busy!!

Tania started at 5am yesterday and the team joined her during the day, they finished setting up at 6ish last night :yikes

They did a fantastic job:

P3071162.jpg

P3071159.jpg

I think the stand looks amazing!! Thank you all for your hard work, we hope it is a very successful Crufts, both in terms of selling all the wonderful goodies and of helping new and existing Cavalier guardians.

:thnku::thnku:

Also to Oscar's bakery who have very kindly donated 100 boxes of their yummies :thnku:

:w*w: the stand looks fantastic, well done to Tania and the team cl*p. Wishing you every success at the show

Just got back from Crufts about an hour ago. When I went to see everybody at the Cavalier Matters Stand they were really busy. Bought a wonderful Cavalier Charm necklace and the awareness band. Be there again tomorrow.

Wonder how they got on saw a few Show people looking from a distance.

I go to a lot of professional industry shows (in tech and business) and must say that stand is AMAZING and just so beautifully done and welcoming! I would so love to have been there to come and say hi or help on the stand -- instead am out in California helping my mom after her knee replacement (kind of like fixing luxating patella is how I see it -- though she doesn't have to have crate rest... :lol:).

Tania and Cavalier Matters have without doubt, the BEST source of high quality cavalier items and if you can't get to Crufts, do please browse her website and shop where all sales go to help our breed! :D Maybe some of the show people will pick up some informative leaflets on the stand. :D

All this goes to show how committed cavalier owners can make a huge, HUGE difference in educating pet owners and puppy buyers and organising at grassroots level, a more significant source of funding for research than comes from more formal channels.

And LOVE the new slogan: "Supporting research, rescue, & reform."

Go, gals, go!!!

Hello all!!

We've had a great first day here at Crufts. Been here since Wednesday lunchtime although Tania was here very early Wednesday. We managed to get the stand set up by around half 6 and we're back in at 8am to start selling today.
We were avoided by most breeders although had a few people from different regional clubs pop by.
Sold out of a few items although have lots more to sell. We expected a bit of trouble from certain people but we had a really peaceful day.
Spoke to lots of people with sad tales which is always very emotional but also put many potential Cavalier owners on the correct path x
Exhausted now so off to bed but will update tomorrow evening again x

We were avoided by most breeders although had a few people from different regional clubs pop by.

But you'd think breeders would support better breed health, more informed puppy buyers and breed rescue! :p

They probably avoided the stall because it is manned by people who have been very opposed to show breeders, rather than because they don't agree with health promotion. They don't get much praise from the people on this forum even though a lot of them are trying their best.
Even as a pet owner I have picked up very strongly that there is no love lost. :( It would be good if bridges could be built, rather than knowcked down - by both sides.

I think that some breeders who are trying hard on the health front feel they don't get any recognition - they all get tarred with the same brush (see the two examples in my post about the Cavalier Club show on 3 March). It takes a lot of time, thought and money to breed healthy Cavaliers, so praise to those who do it (and shame to those who don't!).

See the Cavalier Matters team tomorrow!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Fair point Kate,
I mentioned those two champions back in January,to illustrate how much has changed in the last few years.
There are two brand new champions in the Uk since the start of 2012.
Both fine cavaliers and both over 2.5 years,fully health tested and a credit to their owners and to the breed.
This is very good news and shows that top breeders don't have to sacrifice breed type for health.
A little nod of acknowledgement for them and the other club breeders who have been scanning and testing for years wouldn't have gone amiss.There are now very many breeders who have invested heavily in health,from the top down to the newcomers who are starting their first open shows and breeding their first few litters.
Truly health focused breeders aren't looking for pats on the back or to be put on a pedestal in any way,mostly,they just feel that they're doing their job properly. Noone feels complacent about health testing,or take any results for granted,but in the current climate,and especially the calls to stop breeding,they must feel like Sisyphus rolling that darned boulder up to the top of the hill,only to find it the top of hill is not where they thought it was,and it just rolls back down again and again...despite the enormous efforts.
If pet owners are for breed health,then you must also be for breeders..respecting the efforts of those who are trying to keep the breed going, through some very challenging times.
Sins

They probably avoided the stall because it is manned by people who have been very opposed to show breeders, rather than because they don't agree with health promotion. They don't get much praise from the people on this forum even though a lot of them are trying their best.
Even as a pet owner I have picked up very strongly that there is no love lost. :( It would be good if bridges could be built, rather than knowcked down - by both sides.

Just to set the record straight on the team running the Cavaliermatters stand yesterday:
One of us is married to a breed club secretary
Two of us are championship show judges
Two of us will be stewarding at the next breed club championship show
Two of us have been breed club health reps
One of us has been a breed Club chairman
Three of us have exhibited for many years

and last but not least: many of our closest friends are show breeders and exhibitors, and breed club committee members :)

Maggie

Helllo Davecav

I am a member of an area Cavalier Club and good friends with its President ,I also speak and exchange emails with many and have the utmost respect for the health focused show breeders and I do have faith in them for what they are doing to develop happy ,healthy Cavaliers ,and if I do ever want another little one to join my four it is them I will turn to as without them who would I turn to .
I also am very appreciative that we have people on CT like Margaret ,Maggie and Sue who have such a wealth of experiance that we can all go to for advice and support ,so I think it has to be be a good mix from both sides of this unfortunate divide ,so as Sins points out I am for the club breeders and I do respect and thank them for what they are doing for our Cavaliers .
Also like you Davecav I wish that the bridges could be rebuilt and then we could all pull in the same direction .

I went to visit 'our' stand yesterday and it is fantastic. I was so pleased to meet Tania, Margaret, Karen and everyone se whose names I have forgotten but made us very welcome.
The stand did look very professional, as well as interesting.... and I just had to buy things even though I've already got a houseful of Cavalier things.
I especially loved the egg cups and salt and pepper mills.
Thank you to everyone there for all your hard work and dedication to a wonderful cause. You really are amazing!

Back