• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The Cavalier Matters Crufts team

You can buy the knitting pattern [download] for Daniel here http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/daniel-the-spaniel $6

Just found his own site, there are some absolutely wonderful other patterns too - love the Dachschund!

http://www.ravelry.com/stores/oliver-boliver-designs

BTW if anyone would like to make one or more of these for us to auction or sell in the shop for Cavalier Matters [supporting Rupert's FUnd, the Cavalier Collection Scheme and Irish Cavalier Rescue] we would be MOST grateful!!

Last edited:
The amount raised at Crufts has now been announced. I will leave Tania, who deserves all the credit for the stall and the merchandise, to post the final amount.

Just to let you know that Tania has asked me to knit some for the shop, so the needles are clicking away and I will make one for the auction. It is an easy pattern to knit, if anyone is considering it, except for the ears, they take me a bit longer than they should!! I've also done the little Dachshund, but sold him on my last Xmas stall.
My newest knitting pattern is for 2 little budgies on a swing....it is soooo cute!

You know what would be amazing? A T-shirt with the 4 flying cavaliers on! Its such a great image!

We were selling them at Crufts and hot pink polo shirts with just two of the flying cavaliers embroidered on them.
I don't think Tania has managed to get them displayed on the website yet.

Now Now ladies, I think that is enough talk about guinea pigs and budgies, this is a forum for the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel DOGS :jmp2:

Total raised at Crufts is £5,074.45p - monies will be donated to research and rescue, will let you have details soon.

I would still be setting up the stand if Karen, Margaret, Sandra and Vicki had not helped the day before. In addition to these ladies, Carol, Jan, Maggie and Sue were very supportive and we would not have achieved this without their help. So a GREAT BIG thank you from me.

Apart from raising money, we helped a great number of people who either had sick Cavaliers or sadly lost one. There was a great interest in the new club and people were very appreciative of everything we are trying to do to help owners and the long suffering Cavaliers.

We were fortuntate to have an artist (Charley) spend a few hours with us drawing charactertures, Charley gave her time free and charged £3.00 per picture. Charley raised a total of £60.00 which is fantastic when you think she was with us for only a few hours. I have posted some of her work below. I have asked Charley to draw some designs for a couple of tee shirts, I have seen some drafts and I think you will love them.

Charlie who? I wonder...

6854733808_6c31a323ca_z.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

6854732664_eafe14908f_z.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

6854731130_1351c207d4_z.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is not a Cavalier :yikes

6854732312_e500988b6b_z.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is one of the tee shirts we were selling, also have polo shirts, plus we have clocks too. Will try and get them on the shop this week.

6857769752_b349cd5d09_z.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

:w*w:cl*pcl*pcl*pcl*p:w*w:cl*pcl*pcl*p

what an absolutely fantastic total, :thnku::thnku: so much Tania, and to all of your helpers too.

The cartoons are fabulous!! so kind of Charley.

Really sad about the poorly Cavaliers, that must be heartbreaking to hear so many sad stories

Just extraordinary: what an incredible team you all make!

The drawings are charming. :)

I think a t-shirt with just the image of the flying cavaliers would be lovely too! Will have to go look for the new things on the website (just got my goodie box from the shop in the mail -- thanks so much Tania! Jaspar is in love with the added flying duck! :lol: Well -- he flung it all over the place but then he also carefully licked it as well. :rolleyes: I ill have to order a couple of more toys now the next time around... :D ).

What a fantastic achievement :jump:. Well done to Tania and the team for all the hard work and dedication cl*p

Well done to Tania and all the helpers. This is a great amount of money you have raised and think of all the people you have helped and advised. Great achievement.

Back