• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bye Mr. Frodo

Mabes

I joined this forum in 2007 to get some help with my Cav Frodo and it is with a very heavy heart that I say we lost him today. I was posting on here recently in the SM section because I thought maybe its what he had. He started yelping badly about three weeks ago and several trips to the vets later, we were left with a mountain of bills, confusion, and several bottles of pills to give him. Frodo had a bad heart, an eye condition, and something was making him sick recently. I'm not sure what we could have done, but on Tuesday seemed like he was back to normal. He was happy and running and greeting us. Yesterday he wouldn't stop drinking water, last night he was throwing up, and today he wouldn't even move on his own and his eyes kept rolling back. I sat with him all day until someone else came home and then not ten minutes after I left the room to do some evening things, he passed away on our couch, curled up in blankets. I'll miss him to pieces and I wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped me over the years with my crazy questions, and to everyone who helped me the past week or two when we were trying to figure out what was going on with him. Here's a picture of Frodo and I from several years ago:

http://i42.tinypic.com/axlb80.jpg

Like all Cavaliers he was a loving, fun, adorable puppy. I very clearly remember the day we got him - our Beagle Sarah had recently passed and my dad took me and my sister to the local Humane Society to see if we could find a puppy. Frodo, I noticed, was following me back and forth from behind the glass of his viewing room, and then we started playing. I would run and crouch down and he hop over and paw at the glass to find me. I knew he was the one.

He snored a lot, he barked a lot, and he chased the heck out of our cat like a punk. He was also great at going into peoples purses and finding money! I'm rambling, but thank you for reading and I hope I can come back to this forum some day with tales of a new Cavalier.

I'm so sorry you lost Frodo.
Sometimes no matter how many vets you consult or how hard you try,it's their time to leave, and he passed in the comfort of his own home,in familiar surroundings.
He's at peace and free from pain,run free Frodo.
Sins

Thanks you guys <3 Went to bed crying, woke up crying. Weird not being able to hug him in the morning. I'm just trying to remember all the times he was really happy, and not the past few weeks of him sick.

I'm so sorry for your loss. May you find peace in knowing that you truly did try everything to find out what was wrong.

I'm so sorry -- I know you had been looking for answers about his illnesses and this was a very sudden loss.

Back