Thread: Cooling Coats?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cooling Coats?

Has anyone used cooling coats during the hot summers? I am wondering if they work, recommendations and any thoughts on using these?

Many thanks as we prepare for some trips and the Carolina summer!
    Noelle, B.B., & Tucker

Post Thanks / Like

Cooling coats are great and they do work. But when it gets really warm I only walk my dogs first thing in the morning or late evening.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

They are wonderful. I don't have a/c in my car, so Misha wears one in the summer. He doesn't even pant when it's on.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually got mine from the last Cavalier Talk auction and it has been a WONDER for the Aussie summers. Brooklyn loves it, a great investment.

Also, Frontgate has has a cooling becd which I heard works really well too (I do not have it...Debra (JasperandHolly told me about it..but heard great things): http://www.frontgate.com/cool-indoor...3?listIndex=16

Post Thanks / Like

I use this one http://www.keepcool.org.uk/dog%20coats.htm for Pippin, it's like a Shammy leather in texture, very stiff when dry, but you wet it in cold water and it becomes pliable. Although the coat itself is wet, the dog does not get wet from it. It's my godsend in hot weather and works really well. Not sure if it's available in the USA though.
    For travelling in warm weather in the car we also have http://www.k9cooler.co.uk/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx which I think is available in the USA. Both products have kept my little B&T monster cool and comfortable in summer. (Not that we always get much of one! )

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the recommendations!
    Noelle, B.B., & Tucker

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there,

Cooling coats are great. I have one that is just made out of a towel like material. But have been told this is THE best one by many people.
    So i am currently waiting to buy one for Kokoda.

It works well as it is reflective and because of this it stays damp longer/ doesnt even need to be wet to work.
    http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fu...&string=chilly

I also have a cooling mat for Kokoda that he likes. However i have no idea what brand it is now. i got rid of the box. it looks nowhere near as nice as the link BrooklynMom posted, but is essentially the same thing.
    ~ Kokoda - Ruby - DOB 26/02/2011, Deniki - Tricolour - DOB 17/02/2013 and RIPAnzac ~

Post Thanks / Like

I found a cooling mat at Zentek Clothing (www.zentekclothing.com) and have ordered it to try it before investing in a coat. I will let everyone know how it works but looks like it is one you do not have to wet down. Thank you for the suggestions that were posted - I am taking a look at these too and with our hot, humid summers here in North Carolina will likely need a few things. I like to hike and plan to take BB with me, the Zentek mat is light enough to pack for day trips. Please let me know if any of you know anything about Zentek?
    Last edited by BeBe; 11th March 2012 at 04:15 PM. Reason: add link for website
    Noelle, B.B., & Tucker