• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Meet Mac

I can't figure out how to post a picture on this post but I did put a few in an album in my profile!

I am so glad I found this group! I have an amazing, sweet, smart, boy named Mac who will be 10 in July. I've wanted a Cav for years after researching and finding out they aren't just the cutest breed but also the sweetest and most gentle. If you are looking for a watch dog...keep looking ;)

My husband wasn't as keen on a dog and finally relented saying "fine you get your dog" well needless to say it didn't take him long to fall under Mac's spell too and now I am more worried about how Ron will handle it when we finally have to say goodbye because of MVD.

His murmur is staged at a 4 or 5 the vet wasn't sure this last time but just from my extensive research I know Mac has CHF. He sleeps most of the time, has bouts of panting and breathing issues but I can always settle him and never thought I would wait so anxiously for the sound of his 'very loud' snoring because then I know he is comfortable.

I've had other dogs but he is special, his sweet sweet nature and amazing loyalty to us still blows me away, I only hope we have given him half as much as he has given us!

His favorite summer pass time is swimming; but I think last year was the last time for that. He can barely walk around our property let alone swim...he still wants too though! He yelps when we take him near the lake, I swear people think we are abusing him or something but he gets so mad when we won't throw his 'froggie' for him.

Ok I can't type anymore I am starting to cry again...but I just wanted to thank all of you. I havne't interacted much here but trust me the advice, love, and support is so strong that I have felt it in all your posts to each other.

Thank you for helping me to feel not so alone as we take it one day at a time.

Back