Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I'm sick of my dogs being sick :(

Post Thanks / Like

Back from the vets, nothing major to report - he thinks that Trapper's behaviour is most likely due to his heart beating more slowly at times, which then reduces the oxygen to the his brain.
    I've also just been speaking to UCD vet school, and when the time comes, they would be happy to have Trapper's body, which they would use for both teaching purposes and research in the pathology labs. This is something I need to discuss more with the family to be sure everyone is ok with it. In theory I'm keen to do this, in practice I hope so too.

MVD and CHF is such a long hard battle for our dogs, thank goodness cavaliers have such happy personalities and just get on with it - as has been said before, they don't know they are sick. Every time I take Bosco out for his walk I feel so guilty leaving Trapper behind
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Just to say I'm thinking of you, there's nothing worse than having sick dogs and feeling a bit helpless. Try not to feel guilty when you take Bosco out- that's the wonder of dogs- and why we love them so much-they are so accepting!
    Take care.
    Juno, Sooty, Suki, Tilly
    Anna and Whisper waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of you xx maybe you could get or borrow a stroller to take Trapper with you, but he'll probably get used to staying behind, he should get extra cuddles later
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your good wishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by pippa View Post
    Thinking of you xx maybe you could get or borrow a stroller to take Trapper with you, but he'll probably get used to staying behind, he should get extra cuddles later
    He always gets a chewy treat when we go out so I suppose it's not all bad for him - just my guilty conscience.
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I think we worry about how they feel when sometimes they are fine with it We live with guilt!
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's good to hear that he is doing ok Shirley - I know what you mean about leaving someone at home, you do feel guilty but if he has a nice chew and lots of cuddles when you get home, I'm sure he doesn't mind too much. It's only fair on Bosco that he still has his walks anyway - and some one to one time.

I know you have to think through what you want to do when the worst happens, and speak to your family as it's something you must all agree with and want to do. It sounds like UCD are talking about for their own research purposes rather than the Cavalier Collection Scheme? If you were still thinking about the CCS then perhaps you could contact Margaret or Tania, or Karlin as I think she may have the contacts.

I hope it will be a long time yet but it's good to be prepared and make these decisions at a slightly less emotional time.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org