• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Whats wrong with Harley now?

Sabby

Here we go again

Night before last Harley got me up to go out and eat grass. He does that when he has a funny stomach. He isn’t sick with it. Then again at 3.30am after he came in from the garden he stood at the food cupboard and wanted food. Very unusual. So I thought he was hungry. I gave him a bit of his food and he eat it as he had never seen food before. He normally never scoffs his food like that. After that he was fine and went to sleep. As I was at the vets anyway yesterday morning I mentioned it and he felt his tummy and that was ok and the vet said to keep an eye. He was sick a little yesterday lunchtime. I got some chicken and brown rice and he eat that and slept through the night. But this morning he rushed into the garden and eat lots of grass and he was sick twice what looked like last night’s chicken. Now he is ok and wants his food. I have just asked the reception for the vet to ring me. I find this very strange. His poo is ok and he seems very hungry now and he is his usual self, barking at the tv and running around. I never seen this before.

I don't have any idea what it could be unless just a mild tummy upset, hope the vet has some answers for you and Harley is feeling better soon...

Hi Sabby, don't know what it could be either, but if he is hungry, and vomiting what he has eaten, then something might be stopping him getting the benefit of his food. Hopefully it's nothing seriois and he will be back to normal again.

Well he was sick this morning and that was his evening meal, even the vet sounded a bit surprised that it took Harley that long (12 hours) to bring that up. He has kept his morning meal down. The vet has given me Omeprazole.

Do hope this settles down.

We have gastric problems with Lauren, the only thing that sorts her is to feed her every 8 hours - otherwise she gets very gurgly and desperate to eat grass, and then gets sick.

When this happened to Ruby last summer it was due to a blockage in her small intestine. Primarily vomiting undigested food up to 12 hours after eating, then came the bloody diarrhea.

Then she was admitted to the vets for a week. She was happy in herself the whole time x

Karen wrote: When this happened to Ruby last summer it was due to a blockage in her small intestine

A blockage was my first thought too. The food can get down so far and then meets an obstacle and can only go up again! Hope you get it sorted.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Karen wrote: When this happened to Ruby last summer it was due to a blockage in her small intestine

A blockage was my first thought too. The food can get down so far and then meets an obstacle and can only go up again! Hope you get it sorted.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

My first thought was a blockage but he also goes to the toilet (poo) properly. Also Harley does not chew anything he shouldn’t and outside he doesn’t pick up anything as he doesn’t leave my side on walks. He doesn’t go in bushes or anywhere like that.
Fingers crossed he has kept yesterdays morning and evening meal down and this mornings breakfast so far.

Back