• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

4 month waking at 2am to go out

Anne7

Hi all, I have a 4 month cavalier and she has been very easy to train since I got her at 11 weeks. I have changed her feeding times to twice a day (jbl) in order to stop her waking to go outside (always a poo) in the middle of the night but nothing has changed.. Any advice? I take her back to my bed when she comes in so she doesn't wake my children scraping the kitchen door..

Maybe take her for a fairly long walk in the evenings before bedtime to help her get her #2's out before bedtime. How late in the evenings does she get her second feeding? Maybe bump that time up a bit. She is still very young, so having to go out at night is normal.

She might still be too young to make it through the night, but a lot of people will say she is. I really don't know. Our Sophie had to go out every few hours, through the night, at that age. Turned out she had a UTI.

She's still very young and I wouldn't expect her to go through the night.
You could feed her earlier in the evening and try to get her to go before bed but then she will be hungry over night.
I'd also still be feeding 3 times a day at 16 weeks too x

Thanks for advice, I am now feeding her 7.30 and than at 4pm with snacks in between, last night she woke at 2.30 and wanted to out for a wee this time and then went straight up to my bed for rest of night... So I'm hoping that she's not just waking up to come into my bed, are they that intelligent.. If so, I'll have to start some control crying like when my children were small!

When does she get her last drink of water? Nalu still gets me up in the night (2 years old) if I don't walk her enough. If she doesn't get enough activity and water during the day she drinks too late into the evening, and combined with her restlessness, she winds up having to go out.

Back