• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Granuloma in mouth

Silence

I have a Cavalier who probably has granuloma in her mouth. When I open her mouth, deep in throut I can see that skin is off in little roundish shapes and it is red. My vet decided that we will treat it with cortisone. I was just wondering if anyone else here has had the same problem and what solutions have you found?
When reading about it, Cavalier (among with Pulies and Huskies) is the top breed to have it. So I assume there should be more than just me with that problem?

I have a Cavalier who probably has granuloma in her mouth. When I open her mouth, deep in throut I can see that skin is off in little roundish shapes and it is red. My vet decided that we will treat it with cortisone. I was just wondering if anyone else here has had the same problem and what solutions have you found?
When reading about it, Cavalier (among with Pulies and Huskies) is the top breed to have it. So I assume there should be more than just me with that problem?

I presume you are talking about eosinophilic stomatitis. I can't recall if this has been discussed here before - have you done a search on this site? I know there has been a good deal of discussion on another forum, because I've posted there. I can copy and paste if I can't find anything here. I've known several Cavaliers that had this autoimmune disorder, although I've not personally owned a Cavalier with this. This problem is more prevalent in cats than in dogs, so much of the veterinary literature is about cats.

You can also read about it here:

http://www.cavalierhealth.org/eosinophilic.htm

Pat

Back