• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Help with getting white parts of coat back to white

BrooklynMom

My hubby and I went on vaca for the past 8 days and Brooky stayed with a friend and her dog, and they had a blast - ocean swimming, field running, beach digging (I'll post some pics later)....BUT, she is really dirty. Like the white in her fur (she is a blenheim), has this almost orange/yellowing tinge to it (normally she is bright white). I took her to the groomer today, but it is still yellowish.

Any tips/tricks? We were only gone for 8 days, and she was bright white before hand, but I feel like the sand or maybe red dirt and no bath stained it?? I would like to get her back to white so any advice would be great!!

Oh, and i do have whitening shampoo but I am afraid to use it near her brown spots...does that matter? Poor girl is all groomed up but just looks dingy (though she smells nice!!).

I won't know personally but my mother-in-law has a white poodle and uses horse shampoo called Quick Sliver she gets it from an old country feed store. She's a little crazy I'm not sure horse shampoo is ok for dogs but.......

Question tho won't any "stains" grow out with time??? Just wondering? Its like watching your kid run around with a dirty face you just HAVE to wipe it lol

Melissa

Go ahead and use your whitening shampoo.
Just don't use it on the chestnut part of the coat(although it's ok to).
Sounds like she has a lot of fun on her vacation.
Sins

Thanks everyone.

Sins, what if some of the shampoo gets on the chestnut part...will it dye it?

She did have a blast, my friend has an Australian Cattle Dog, and the two of them (even though the cattle dog is huge!) are best buds, won't leave eachothers sides and sleep together ;) Brooky is exhausted though, been sleeping since we got home! Ha. Tough for a little cavvie to keep up with the cattle dog for a week!!

It shouldn't dye the chestnut part. Plus most whitening shampoos usually say they do not use bleach in any way.
Just double check it.
But in one wash it shouldn't do anything to her brown. it is only after prolonged use i believe.

Lucky Brooklyn, she sounded like she had heaps of fun with her cattle dog friend :)
Kokoda has a cattle dog x friend at the dog park. they just love each other, its rather adorable haha

Someone mentioned to me when Jessie was just a little puppy, that cornstarch powder just massaged into their coat will keep his coat looking beautifully clean, and then you just brush it out. We brush jessie everyday and he had a bath every 2 - 4 weeks, so haven't needed to try it yet. If it's only a few stains here and there, maybe try something like a tear stain remover, which can be used on general fur stains. We use it on occassion for Jessie's slippers after he has a power wee, to keep them nice and fluffy and pee stain free. (being desexed, he has the girly squat)

We use it on occassion for Jessie's slippers after he has a power wee, to keep them nice and fluffy and pee stain free. (being desexed, he has the girly squat)

That did make me laugh! "Power Wee"!!
Oliver lifts his leg and still occasionally gets his front paws when he has a "power wee" too. :D lol

Back