• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ever used a Grooming Vacuum Attachment? (like Dyson Groom)

Lani

The Dyson grooming tool has intrigued me, but I've been hesitant to pull the trigger because of the price and what seems like an awkward size for Cavaliers.

(if you don't know what I mean, it is this one.)

The big draw to me is that I can keep the dog hair in the vaccum and not all over my sofa or floor. I have dust allergies and while dog hair is not dust, it does irritate me and when the hair gathers in corners it seems to collect dust.

Amyway, this morning on Amazon, I saw a link to a Bissell version that is simlar, but rounded and has attachments that fit Dysons. It is only $25, ships via Amazon Prime and seems to get good reviews (though mostly from owners of larger dogs)

http://www.amazon.com/ShedAway-Hand...-98Q1A/dp/B001U0ONB6/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I'm also finding other companies making similar things.

I'm curious if any Cavalier owners have experience with these types of gadgets?

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I remember Karlin posting ages ago about the Dyson - and thinking what a great idea it is, maybe she will read this and give you a review of it.

Yep started a post; will finish later -- was checking with my partner who has used it most.

Thank you Karlin! I'm looking forward to reading your review. I"m hoping this might help reduce their shedding so my dust allergies can get under better control.

Well, I don't use the Dyson groom. I have a Miele animal and use a regular brush attachment and use a very low setting and vacuum my dogs. Don't know if it takes off much, I usually do it after they have a brush.

I must say though, they LOVE LOVE LOVE to be vacuumed... they follow me around the house every time I vacuum and nearly seem to ask for a quick swish, so I oblige, lol. :)

I have used the Dyson attachment with my Dyson Animal DC 24 for over a year now and am very pleased with it. At first none of the dogs wanted anything to do with it, but once I persuaded pack leader Rebel to try it, and he liked it, the others reluctantly followed. Everyone except Holly P now queue up to be 'Dysoned' quite happily every few weeks. It does save having to clear up and dispose of all that hair, but I think the downside is that it does of course cost expensive electricity units to run.

I paid £38.50 for mine, but I have been told it is now on e-bay for about £26.

Wow!!! I was just looking on the fulminator website to find out sizing for the Furminator's "Fur Dry" (basically a bathrobe for dogs to keep the furniture dry & help their fur dry faster naturally).

Anyway- FURMINATOR makes a vacuum accessory.

This seems brilliant

http://www.furminator.com/deshedding-tools/accessories/vacuum-accessory

Only problem is I have had my furminator for about 5 years so I think it is an older model that doesn't work with the vacuum accessory :(

Brilliant idea ... but it'd actually cost me more than a Dyson if I had to buy a $53 Furminator to go with the tool

Look at this video of it in action. All the fur flying everywhere is what I hate about using the fulminator ... http://bcove.me/wfft9v15

Last edited:
Revisiting this old thread as I found out last week that my miserable allergies are due to dogs!! (and dust mites)

So the boys' gorgeous flowing hair has been cut short (which I am surprised to say I LOVE!!). Shorter hair will be easier to wash to control my allergies.

Anyway, I am revisiting the idea of a vacuum accessory but maybe I'll try using my vacuum like Desrae suggested.

I just invested in a Dyson cordless, so since it has a low setting maybe I'll try the regular vacuum brush attachment and see if it works ...

Sorry about your allergies. Lucky and Sparky always looked so beautiful and regal in your pictures. You must post pictures of them with their new look!

Back