Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SM? Huh!

Post Thanks / Like

Default SM? Huh!

I'd made an extra batch of dog rusks and put them in a box with a good lid up high enough (so I thought) to be out of reach of the dogs. Went out to a meeting and came back to find box upside down on the floor, lid off, and Oliver and Aled just about to declare war over a rusk they both wanted! It's Oliver who must have stretched up, hit the box with his paw and got it onto the floor. As Annie used to say about her Ella (more or less - can't remember the exact words), SM doesn't keep Oliver down. Sometimes, though, I almost wish it would!

Kate, Oliver (who will have a reduced supper tonight to compensate for several missing rusks!) and Aled (who looked really reproachful when I confiscated a rusk he'd taken to his bed)

Post Thanks / Like

Clever boys
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Naughty boys. It's amazing what they can get into when they set their minds to it.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm sure they enjoyed their little naughtiness. Smart boys! Thank you for remembering what I would try to say about Ella. Means a lot to me.

I love how aled has taken to his room because he knows he was bad!
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Kate

Sure it wasn't a put up job between the pair of them .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

When I was a kid we had a lab who actually got into our Halloween candy from the top of the fridge. As a child I was pissed, dumb dog actually he was quite smart. After that we created him when we weren't home. I remember the vet gave my parents something to make the dog throw up that was FUN. My sister and I were glad it made him sick haha

Melissa

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh how funny!! It's moments like this that you treasure

They are incredible when food is involved aren't they? Rupert broke my pedal bin by repeatedly jumping on the pedal so that he could shove his head inside to raid any goodies!!

When the adrenaline is raised they seem to be capable of anything - Teddy, who was really quite badly affected with SM, used to go over just about anything if he wanted to get to me - including a 4ft fence and a babygate EEK
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

They think they are so sneaky! Sounds like Oliver was the champion rusk-eater My cav discovered how to chew a little hole in the bottom of the kibble bag and steal extra helpings during the day. Now the kibble bag is in what my husband and I call the "plastic safe"... a very tough chew-proof container. For those cavaliers with bottomless appetites, it is so entertaining to watch their food-finding antics!

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, so first, what is a rusk?

They can be quite inventive! My Claire has recently taken to jumping like she's on a pogo stick, to try to reach our door handles which are levers. She has figured out if they are pushed down, we go out. But she hasn't figured out how to push down and pull the door toward her to leave the room.

I once had a cat who would push stuff off my kitchen counter for the dog, who was small. I could never leave any type of food, even baggd, on the counters.
    Cindy and Claire
    Claire was born on Feb7, 2010

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My mother's husky will stand up, lick whatever she's eyeing on the counter, and then sit patiently. She knows we don't want it once it's been licked, so then you may as well just give the food to the dogs.

It drives me nuts that my mother just leaves stuff on the counter when she knows the dog will do this.