• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavalier Easter Eggs

Hello Karlin

Yes you assume right ,I was asking if any members had spotted any good doggy eggs on any
of the numerous pet site .

Hey Brian, Pets at Home are selling them in that dog friendly chocolate. They are also selling little coloured ones in that grainy stuff they make some chews out of. And also little hot cross buns!!! Miss Lola will defo be getting something. Hope this helps

It's a lovely idea but I was somwhat concerned by the ingredients list for the Hatchwells easter eggs:

Made from Carob, the healthy alternative to chocolate.

Gluten free
Cocoa free.

• 60g.
  • Egg size approximately 10 cm.
Please note:
The inside surface of the egg may be dull, lumpy in places and patchy in colour. This is quite normal and the eggs are perfectly safe to eat.
[h=2]Ingredients[/h]
  • Sugar
  • Non-hydrogenated Vegetable Oil
  • Carob
  • Soya
  • Milk Powder
  • Whey Powder
  • Sunflower
  • Lecithin

it's not the carob that is the issue - we feed a powder made of carob to the dogs sometimes as a nutritional supplement, but it looks like the main ingredient is sugar!

What about filling the plastic ones with some favorite treats? You would want to keep them from chewing on the plastic, but would be a cute way to incorporate goodies you know they already love ;-)

There was someone here who had an Easter Bone Hunt. It was a get together for cavaliers but I missed it. The point is with your girls, it would be cute to hide the bones (or treats) and have them go on a hunt to find them.

Some great ideas here - love the thought of an Easter egg hunt, you could do this inside or out depending on the weather.

large.jpg

You can hide their favourite treats, it's fun to hide things in cardboard boxes which you can arrange to make it easier or more difficult. This will be far more fun for the dog than just feeding items, as they will be interacting with you - it would be great fun for children.

With regard to treats, I guess we all have unhealthy treats on occasion, so small amounts on rare occasions are probably not going to cause huge problems - beware though of giving too many unfamiliar treats at any time as this can cause a stomach upset.

The pets at home treats are very highly coloured so I would want to make sure they only contain natural colourings. Also the origin of rawhide - make sure it's not a country like Thailand or China.

Last edited:
Hi

Went to PAH and like Nicki said the chocolate eggs were high in sugar so we left them but got a pack of the little rawhide type eggs but even
with them the strong colours dont look too healthy so maybe one or two then the rest can go in the bin .If I had thought ahead I could of asked
here if any of our marvellous doggy cooks could make some then I would of been sure it was all healthy Cavalier ingredients .

On Friday while preparing their tea I took two extra large free range eggs out of the fridge ready to whisk up then pour it over their meals,
turned around to get something else and both eggs rolled off the worktop and splat on the stone tiled floor ,Poppy got there first quickly followed
by the other three so I just picked the shells up and left them to it but later the dried albumen was a pain to brush out of their ears

I got Winston several new Kong toys which will be stuffed with his absolute favorite treat- freeze dried chicken livers :grnyuk:, and then hidden. The puppy kongs (which are still appropriate for him) are even pastel colors appropriate to the Easter theme.

I got Winston several new Kong toys which will be stuffed with his absolute favorite treat- freeze dried chicken livers :grnyuk:, and then hidden. The puppy kongs (which are still appropriate for him) are even pastel colors appropriate to the Easter theme.

Lola loves lambs liver, but it gives her such bad gas, she stinks! And always manages to do it right in your face too! hahah! :grnyuk:
:roll:

Back