• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavalier good news:) -- for all good news!

pippa

Gus went for his last cartrophen injection in a course of 4 (one per week).

He is doing very well. The vet told us she would recommend he have them once a month now to keep the disc degeneration as stable as possible.

She said he can use the stairs again in a week though not to excess.
She listened to his heart again, and again said how surprised she is to see a cavalier with such a good heart and lungs, she said his heart sounds perfect,( she was the one that noticed Pippin's murmur and arranged his ECG and doppler scan last year).

She hugged Gus, smiled and told him we will get to see him grow old He is 10 and 4 months now.

I am so pleased to get good news and have something to look forward to with him.

Last edited:
I am going to keep this thread in the health news as it seems the best place -- it will quickly be buried if left in the general news section. (y)

To clarify this is a thread for all good news about people's cavaliers.

Wonderful news - lovely to hear something positive!! We hope he will be with you for a long time yet. Amazing to have a clear heart at 10.

Some of the longterm members may remember a rescue cavalier called Parker.He was a huge tricolour dog,42 lbs and came to my Mum via Irish cavalier rescue.
Parker the Porker celebrated his 7 th Birthday on 8 th April and had a routine visit to the vet this morning.He's a happy healthy boy,still on his perpetual diet,but miraculously heart clear and very much loved!
Sins

I don't remember Parker, but good news is always nice to hear. So yeah for Parker! Thanks for sharing Sins.

Back