• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Just back from the emergancy vets

I can't remember how many times I've been through this. My Tess seems to have very sensitive digestion. I always worry anytime she.vomits because it can progress to the bloody diarrhea quickly. The first time it happened I was a complete mess, thinking that she had internal bleeding. Now Im somewhat casual about it! I watch her carefully and don't delay in getting her treated but no longer panic. It sounds like you've done everything right for Misty. Has the vet had her on a bland diet? I usually give mine boiled rice mixed with baby food and then gradually reintroduce her regular food. Good luck.

I spoke to the vet, and he said just wait and see. We were feeding the Hills little and often, which has upset her feeding, plus it's meat, which she doesn't normally have.

She seems fine, her belly is nice and quiet, last Thursday it was gurgling all the time, and she was burping a lot. She's had a tiny handful of her usual JWB lamb light a couple of hours ago, and is now doing what she does best... snoring :D

Here's hoping.

Paws crossed this is just a temporary setback, do hope she will be ok now.

I recently discovered RXvet professional range which is only available through veterinary professionals.

We used this:

RxClay (Hydrated Calcium Aluminosilicate) is a geological nanomaterial that adsorbs bacterial enterotoxins and increases the reabsorption of intraluminal water in the gastrointestinal tract, resulting in clinical normalization of stool quality. - in English, clears up diarrhoea really quickly!

http://www.rxvitamins.com/petsproducts.html we obtained it from Richard Allport's practice http://www.naturalmedicinecentre.co.uk/

together with this

Tree Barks Powder ... soothes the entire digestive system and helps to slow the passage of food through the digestive tract, so is of great benefit for acute intestinal absorptive disorders and can be given both during and in the recovery period following acute diarrhoea.

http://www.dorwest.com/Catalogue/Die...e-Barks-powder

it worked really quickly. Subsequently when we've had slightly loose tummies we've just given the maintenance dose of both for a couple of days, not even changed their diet and it's resolved.

Thanks for those links Nicki, both of those look like a handy thing to have in the cupboard. Especially using them in a proactive way to try and avoid ending up in the worrying situation we found ourselves in on Thursday night.

Misty has been jumping up and down at the cat bowls trying her hardest to get to the biscuits. Neither are in her reach thankfully, but you'd think she'd never been fed before. She's had a little more of her normal biscuits, with no bad results, but I don't want to cave to her demands for more. She's now flopped on my lap sleeping, having tired herself out jumping around :)

Back