• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Apple Cider Vinegar

BrooklynMom

Hey all,
I have been using the search feature on this board and reading up on Apple Cider Vinegar for tear/mouth stains (possibly related to yeast over growth)...but I have not been able to find out what to actually do with it :)

Has anyone ever tried it? Did it work? How did you use it? I am not sure whether to apply it neat or feed it to her or even how much for that matter. She doesn't have much, but just slight tearing that is reddish and a little around her mouth that looks a little yeasty to me (reddish in colour too). Doesn't seem to bother her, but I thought I would ask :)

I started giving her a table spoon of Kefir in her food every day and I think that is helping a lot!

I would be hesitant to apply directly. If even a tiny amount gets in her eye that will burn terribly, and could cause scarring (emotional scarring virtually guaranteed).

You put about a teaspoon in a bowl of water.
It smells vile and dogs may not drink it unless parched and No it doesn't work!
Sins

Jessie is the same and still has a small amount of tear staining after teething. I wipe his eyes twice a day with a damp face washer and
use a tear stain remover once a week. If it was a form of yeast, would she need an antibiotic or antibiotic powder like angel eyes?

Both of my Blenheims had tearstains,it cleared up by the time they were a year.
In the end,the easiest thing to do was to protect the stained area under the eyes with a little vaseline lip balm and let the stained area grow out.
A saline solution helped,just a little cotton wool and a gentle wipe.I tried eye envy which was about the best of them.
The easiest way to avoid tearstaining is to get a tricolour!! :p
Sins

Back