• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Do Cavies need sunscreen?

BeBe

BB and I are heading to the North Carolina coast for 4 days at the beach - wondering if she needs sunscreen or not? If so what kind? It is still early in the season so the weather should not be too hot and I am not a sun all day kind of gal, we are likely to be walking a lot on the beach and watching some sunsets from the deck.

Not sure how warm it gets in the U.S, but in Australia we tend to have very hot summers down south and especially with puppy hair being finer,
I use children's sunscreen on Jessie's nose, and use a pure shea butter to moisturise his nose and pads at the end of a hot day.

Hopefully someone with more expertise can offer better advice.
But most importantly, enjoy your time away.

Wow, we are on South Carolina coast and have not put sunscreen on but he's been in shade a lot. I never did that to Ella in hot summer. I didn't think of it. Interested to find out what others say.

Just checked the weather in Emerald Isle and looks like rain - so sad! I would be interested for future but agree with not going out in the heat of summer!

Aled's fur gets very thin just above his nose and I put sunscreen on that if it's the sort of weather that I'm wearing sunscreen myself. Otherwise it can get a bit sore.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back