• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sydney - Always In My Heart

Sydneys Mom

Early this morning, Heaven received a Special Angel.

Late last night, my beautiful boy Sydney, had trouble breathing. We rushed to the emergency hospital, but sadly, before we could arrive, Sydney gently took his last breath in my arms. He went quickly and peacefully. He was 12 days shy of his 12th birthday.

My heart is shattered.

Sydney, my Special Angel, I will always love you.
April 16, 2000-April 4, 2012

Last edited:
I'm a so sorry. Tears have fallen all morning but I know Sydney is in a good place and able to run and play like he was younger. I know how tough this is and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh Joyce: I am so so sorry for your loss :( . Everyone here knows how much you did to keep Sydney comfortable and happy for as long as possible, and how much he meant to you. I think we all felt we knew him as well; he was truly one of our special cavaliers here :flwr:.

Although your journey to try and get him to the hospital must have been very hard for you, it sounds like he left you in a way that will bring comfort in the future and you were especially blessed to be there with him, where he would have known your arms and the sound of your voice til he left, and felt safe with you. I think we all hope to have such an opportunity.

Words cannot express how very sorry and very sad I am to read this news about Sydney.

I am so sorry your darling Sydney has left you, he will be forever in your heart. I have followed his progress as you posted here about him and his ups and down and feel like I knew him...

Thinking of you and sending hugs. Farewell Sydney, night night darling:(

Hello Joyce

We are all so sorry for your loss ,Sydney was such a special loved Cavalier to all of us on here .

Brian ,Dawn and Luke with
Poppy ,Daisy,Rosie and Lily

He was special to us all .

Oh no! Sydney was one of those cavaliers that I thought would just always be around. I'm so glad he died peacefully in your arms. What a blessing for both of you. I'm so sorry.

I'm so sorry to hear of Sydney's passing.He was such a part of the fabric of cavaliertalk and I can understand how great a loss he is to you.
He was such a gorgeous,brave dog and so dearly loved.
Sins

I am so sorry that Sydney has passed. I followed your brave story though all his ups and downs and felt like I had known him. I loved your recent picture of him enjoying life on his red cart. We know how hard you worked to keep him comfortable and looked after and Sydney knows how well loved he was. Run free sweet Sydney

Thank you everyone. I'm trying to be strong, but it just hurts so much. It happened so fast. I'm still in a state of shock and haven't quite been able to absorb all this yet.

I am so very sorry to read about your lose of Sydney, I too have been following your up and downs with his health problems, and only yesterday showed my husband the picture of him in his cart and said we maybe someday may have to think about something like for our boy who has MVD. Rest in Peace little one.

So sorry to hear that Sydney has gone to the Bridge. He went with those who loved him close and took the decision making out of your hands. Bless him.

Oh Joyce I can't believe it, I'm so sorry :( It's a comfort that he was with those he most loved and had a peaceful passing.

We all loved Sydney from your posts about him, he was so lucky to have such a wonderful, caring guardian and the love you had for him shone through in your posts and stories.

I really enjoyed seeing the photos of Sydney in his cart, and that is how I think many on the board will remember him - hopefully a very special memory for you too.

Look after yourself, we will all be thinking of you in the days to come, it is going to be tough but that does get better.

I wanted to share this with you:

I Loved You Best

So this is where we part, My Friend

and you'll run on, around the bend

Gone from sight but not from mind

new pleasures there you'll surely find

I will go on, I'll find the strength

life measures quality, not its length

One long embrace before you leave

share one last look before I grieve

There are others, that much is true

but they will be they and they aren't you

And I, fair, impartial or so I thought

I'll remember all you've taught

Your place I'll hold, you will be missed

the fur I stroked. the nose I kissed

And as you journey to your final rest,

take with you this...I loved you best

Jim Willis @2002

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have tears in my eyes as I read this. I have followed your story too and Sydney was so lucky to have you. I will be keeping you in my prayers. Rest in Peace sweet Sydney.

I am sorry to hear your sad news, Sydney was blessed to have been loved so much. :hug:

Back