• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My mucky pup and me!

MadeleineSarah

Oliver is such a mucky pup.

We walk miles together and he does his best to get filthy. I honestly believe he judges a walk on how mucky he gets.

Here is a picture of an 8/10 muck walk!! Lol

5e038a78-0c67-aa8d.jpg

But he was so filthy it was bath time when we got home.

Here we are having a post bath cuddle in his dressing gown! lol
Even though he is in a grump with me for washing him, he always falls asleep in my arms.

5e038a78-0d1d-414d.jpg

He doesn't really understand consequences! If he did he might avoid the muddy ditches rather than making a bee-line for them! ;)

Madeleine & Oliver

He's a real boy - a day in the mud and he's happy ;) Wonderful pictures of you and him together.

I think if he could make mud pies he would. ;)

Dislikes being groomed too!
He tolerates it but sneaks off if he sees the brush coming. ;)

Such a boy.

He''s gooooorgeous!
give_heart.gif

I love the first photo, that's a great shot of you both.

My Jessie is the complete opposite, he gets upset if our lawn is wet and tip toes through it and will whine if there is anything in his fur.
He's a huge diva. He hates the brush too, he sees it more as a game and you have to give him his other brush to play with, or he refuses to be brushed
at all. He loves bathtime though and is the same, falling asleep while being dried off.

HaHa! That is hilarious!
Little Diva boy, I love it.
Oliver is a little funny about water, he will paddle now after lots of encouragement, but he won't swim.
I know he can swim as I took him for a swimming lesson to check! hahaha!
That was funny too, I have a photo of that (obviously!), and his eyes were so wide open as he was desperately trying to swim to the edge to me!! lol

Oliver dislikes baths greatly, when he has had enough of being washed/brushed he puts one of his front paws on my arm and gives me the saddest eyes begging me to stop.... Just makes me chuckle and I carry on regardless! ;)

M&O

Madeline! You may be the perfect one to answer my question! :) I noticed you said that you and Oliver walk miles together. I am hoping to do the same with my Chloe Louise. She's only 7 months now, so the rule of thumb I'm using is 1 minute for every week old that she is (maximum).

Did you follow something similar for Oliver? How did you introduce him to longer walks over time? Did he like it? (Did you go with the minute per week age rule?)

Any suggestions you have would be appreciated! I hope Chloe and I can follow in your footsteps soon... before my workout pants get too tight while I'm waiting for her to be my workout buddy! :)

This is a bit of a late reply but your post made me laugh because my bells does the same, have to give her a brush to play with while I brush her!

Back