Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Minnie is in Hospital

Post Thanks / Like

Oh poor Minnie, good on you for acting so quickly, it must have been a frightening sight for you this morning. Hopefully the treatment she is receiving will bring her quickly on the road to recovery and she will be back home with you. Thinking of you and hoping for good news
    Andrea
    Jasper tri
    21/Dec/05, Gabby ruby girl 8/Nov/07, and Felix the cat 4/April/10

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of you and poor Minnie. Your vets and the hospital sound very knowledgeable and Minnie is in good hands. Just hoping for a speedy recovery so she can come home.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How's Minnie this morning Sandra? We've been thinking of you and hoping you have some good news.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts it means so much. Just had update - she has had a comfortable night only had 1 further episode of hemorrhagic diarrhoea. The Vets use this really good system called Vestoria, you get an email which says there is an update so you log in and get the latest report. The Nurse's report this morning said that she had been very happy and sweet overnight and was now getting lots of waggly tails. She also said that Minnie is showing a lot of interest in eating. Just wonder if that is anything to do with the bunny rabbit that was in the crate next to her . That sounds more like Minnie. I must say so far I am really impressed with the Emergency Vets.
    Sandra
    Minnie-May (6yrs) & Rosie the Rescue (approx 6 yrs)
    My Darling Cinders and Lady Jane waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Good news Sandra.......I hope the Rabbit in the next cage isnt too traumatised by Minnie
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Fantastic news Sandra, sounds like she is perking up nicely, always a good sign when they are taking an interest in things

Tell her to leave the Easter bunny alone, he must be worn out after delivering all the Easter eggs
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

I have had a dog go thur this before. He was a beagle and had other health problems too. Its hard because it comes on quickly and you need ER vet care. I'm glad your Minnie is doing better.

Melissa

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh, you must have been so worried. Poor you and little Minnie. Glad to hear there has been an improvement overnight. Sending you our very best wishes and hugs.
    Christine
    Spangle born 24/11/07 (Blen)
    Poppy (Blen)who went to Rainbow Bridge aged 13 and a half.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good work for moving quickly and looking after her -- fast action minimises the chance of this becoming even more serious though it sounds terrifying as is -- -- so you did just the right thing. Hope she is home and happy again soon!

Thanks Nicki for that helpful thread -- and yes we see a fair amount of pancreatitis here on the board . It can come on after eating fatty food -- for example scraps from turkey/chicken/lamb/the roast -- that's why to never give the fat or fatty scraps and watch what extra hands at holiday time might pass to a dog! (holidays are a peak for emergency pancreatitis cases due to scraps from the big dinner and/or guests and often kids passing the dog extra food) but as Nicki says it could be chronic and something just tipped her over the edge.

Some dogs gets this kind of gastroenteritis on and off, some are very seriously affected and with others it seems to pass. My Lily is prone to mild bouts but can be managed without needing the vets. For others it is life threatening very quickly so is never something to ignore even when not nearly as awful as poor Minnie experienced -- though you sure had the horror of watching how fast a dog can decline.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

hi
    so pleased to read minnie is improving its heart breaking when they are not well