• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Minnie is in Hospital

:updte: Minnie is back home. The latest diagnosis is that the HGE caused inflammation of the pancreas and not that she had pancreatitis which caused the HGE. So fingers crossed that is the case. Two lots of Antibiotics for another 5 days and a light diet little and often and back to our own Vets on Wednesday for a check up. She is very happy to be at home and is currently curled up at my feet. Again thank you everyone for your kind words, thoughts and relating of experiences. :thnku:

I am so glad to hear Minnie is doing well! My Lance had HGE once and it is truly the most frightening thing that has happened to us, exactly like you describe, you just wake up to blood everywhere. We went straight to the vet's too and luckily caught it early enough as you did. While the vets were working on Lance, I started Googling HGE (very bad idea!) and was so thankful I got her to the vet right away.

Lance is great now, hoping Minnie continues to improve!

So glad Minnie is back home and over the worst. I remember Pippin got HGE once, he barked to go out to the toilet at 4 in the morning, not like him, but he does suffer from colitis now and again, so I had the pro-kolin ready and watched him go, only to see a pool of pure blood shoot out! I got such a fright called the emergency vet and sat up with him all night, I had to keep in touch with them by phone and be ready to go with him if needed, thankfully he was fine and didn't go after that so it just meant a trip to my vet as soon as they opened, but you must have been so scared.

I hope she will be well again very soon x

Back