Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does your Cavalier have OCD?

Post Thanks / Like

Charlie doesn't surervise whether I put belongings back where they belong (maybe he should--laugh, laugh) what he does though is constangly lick the patio doors. Whether it's OCD or not I don't know. It is messy.

Post Thanks / Like

Oliver (as always!) takes everything in his stride, but Aled is rather wary if things are moved, or change colour. My theory is that because he grew up on a puppy farm and for the first 18 months of his life probably saw very little else except the four walls of his kennel and perhaps an occasional outing to an outside run to perform (he goes regular as clockwork morning, lunchtime and night and hardly ever at other times), everything was pretty strange to him when he was rescued and he's had to take a lot in. So something familiar that is out of place, or a dish that is a different colour, initially throws him: Is this something new I have to learn about? He's OK with it after a little while and some reassurance - though he has never got used to plastic bags, which not only change position and colour but also move and rustle! I think the answer is to introduce your dog to as many different things and situations as possible in a reassuring way, and perhaps deliberately change things from time to time at home, again being reassuring about it.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like

I have another one! We have an under cover area out the back with pavers and the grass boarders the pavers. We also have large square stepping stones that make a path to the clothes line. When Bella goes potty she will not go from the pavers to the grass, she jumps to the first and then the second stepping stone, then goes onto the grass to potty. If I am carrying her and put her on the grass, she back tracks to the pavers, goes to the stepping stones and does the same thing!
    There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
    - Bern Williams

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alana View Post
    I have another one! We have an under cover area out the back with pavers and the grass boarders the pavers. We also have large square stepping stones that make a path to the clothes line. When Bella goes potty she will not go from the pavers to the grass, she jumps to the first and then the second stepping stone, then goes onto the grass to potty. If I am carrying her and put her on the grass, she back tracks to the pavers, goes to the stepping stones and does the same thing!
    That is adorable! You have to film it for us to see, I can imagine her skipping about like a little spring lamb!

Post Thanks / Like

My Alfie barks at random things. He barks at balloons, sometimes teddies, garden ornaments and if someone was to put there scarf over there face he barks at that too. Hellum balloons are the worst thing. He goes bonkers. Alfie has an annoying habit of shadow chasing too. Anything like a watch reflecting on the wall, he will run up the back of the sofa to get to it. He also gets excited and jumps at the door handles. I think its a cavalier thing maybe. x

Post Thanks / Like

Bring on the video's! I will try to get one of Bella.
    There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
    - Bern Williams