All cooked bones are a definate "no no". I used to give my dogs raw chicken wings until one day Molly swallowed one whole I nearly died on the spot with shock!
I then decided to cut them up with garden scissors, one night Dotty was having a pooh she yelped! Then she seemed fine, the next morning she did the same again.
I carried out a pooh inspection and found a tiny piece of bone which must have stabbed her. We were very lucky it could have been very serious. I will not feed bones at
all now except the venison marrow bones, 10% of their total food is made up of ground bone.
I read here - Trichinosis is a parasite passed by raw pork, there is some doubt as to whether the bacteria gets killed in the gut, home freezers do not kill the bacteria or worm eggs.
This might then cause a problem with the pooh, which could pose a risk to children. I will look for the thread about this as it explains everything in more detail.
Vets have reported some alarming stories of dogs with ruptured intestines. A lot of raw food experts advise dogs/wolves live on raw meat/bones and so should the domestic dog. Don't forget these animals will
eat a lot of fur, skin and feathers which will help to protect the lining of their stomach. Wolves do not go to the vet with a rupture, so there is know way of knowing how many
accidents there are.
I personally would not take the risk, it is not worth it, we have enough to worry about.
Here is the link.
Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim