• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

AHT Result EFS and DE and CC

Brian M

I hope Brian doesn't mind but I thought it would be useful to put a summary of results at the top of the thread;

First result is
DRY EYE/CURLY COAT second is EFS

Brian M's Poppy CLEAR/CLEAR
Brian's Daisy CLEAR/CLEAR
Brian's Rosie CARRIER/CLEAR
Brian's Lily CLEAR/CARRIER
Nicki's Tommy CLEAR/CLEAR
Tania's Molly CLEAR/CLEAR
Tania's Dougall CLEAR/CLEAR
Spangly [Christine]'s Spangle CLEAR/CLEAR
Margaret C's Faith CLEAR/CLEAR
[family connection - Faith is Nicki's Tommy's maternal Aunt]
Sins' Holly CLEAR/CLEAR
Sins Ivy CLEAR/CLEAR

Hi

The first result from my four came in last night and its for our Poppy

KC Name Happy Starshine (Poppy )
Dob 04/07/2006
KC reg No AG03264703
Chip No981000000955442
Sex Bitch
Color Tricolour
Sire Korrraines Disco Dancer
Dam Sally Moonstar

Our reference: xxxxx

Dear Mr Murtagh

Thank you for taking part in our research into the frequency of the genetic mutation associated with EPISODIC FALLING in Cavalier King Charles Spaniels

The individual result for your dog is shown below:

Happy Starshine is CLEAR of episodic falling

and

Our reference: xxxxx

Dear Mr Murtagh

Thank you for taking part in our research into the frequency of the genetic mutation associated with DRY EYE AND CURLY COAT SYNDROME in Cavalier King Charles Spaniels

The individual result for your dog is shown below:

Happy Starshine is CLEAR of dry eye and curly coat syndrome

and this mail came this morning.

" Dear Mr Murtagh

You kindly sent us additional cheek swabs for our research from:

Ailcres Blue Emotion
Lichens Tartan Breeze
Loranka's Dawns Delight

We can now offer you the opportunity to receive further individual results for any or all of the dogs listed above for a reduced fee of £25 inc VAT per dog (the usual cost is £48, to include printed certificates for these additional dogs along with certificates for the dog we tested free of charge.

If you wish to receive individual results for any of these dogs, please make your cheque payable to “Animal Health Trust” and send it to Lou Hayward (CPM) at the address below. It would be helpful if you could write the name/s of the dogs you wish to receive results for on the back of the cheque.

Even if you choose not to receive results for these dogs, your submissions have been very helpful to our study and we would like to thank you for taking the time to send them in to us."

So I have just got to send a c/e in the post to get their certs ,not that I am going to breed as of course I
can't as they have all been spayed but its a little way my girls can help their brothers and sisters in our breed by hopefully in time eliminating these horrible problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news Brian and it's really good of you to get the other three tested too - it is very helpful for the research.

We had good news here too - Tommy, Pearldrift Pinball Wizard also came back CLEAR/CLEAR [my dogs all have the same parents so would have the same result]

Anyone else had their results? [I think all the e-mails were being sent out yesterday]

Fantastic news for both Brian and Nicki (Poppy and Tommy too)! Keeping finging crossed for the rest of the flower girls.

Thanks Pippa :)

Like many others, we were keen to help with the research but thought it was preferable that dogs in breeding programs were given the opportunity first as there were only 200 places available.

Carol Fowler appealed on the forum on 8th February, saying that they were still looking for dogs with the deadline 29 February 2012, so I and other board members were able to help with this important research and it's fantastic that we had the opportunity.

Yes they had not filled the spaces with breeders as not enough take up from the club alone - so Carol kindly got in touch and helped make this more widely available so that they would fill all places. (y)I know many pet owners from the board took up that offer. :)

Great News Brian and Nicki.

The results came back for Molly and they were all clear, thank goodness. I have sent the small fee off today for Dougall. fingers crossed.

Brantwood Ultra Magic - Spangle has also tested clear for both dry eye, curly coat and efs.
She has non-congenital dry eye though, which wasn't a part of this test. I'm really glad that she could take part.

Great news for Tania and Christine too :D

Thank you so much everyone for taking part, and to those who are paying to have more dogs done too. (y)

I hope Brian doesn't mind but I thought it would be useful to put a summary of reults at the top of the thread;

Brian M's Poppy CLEAR/CLEAR
Nicki's Tommy CLEAR/CLEAR
Tania's Molly CLEAR/CLEAR
Spangly [Christine]'s Spangle CLEAR/CLEAR

Wyredell Keeping Faith was clear/clear when tested last summer before she was mated. Tommy was too old for the AHT trial.

That's a great result from everyone so far, hope they continue to be good, and thank you on behalf of my two for taking the time to do the test. :flwr:

Two more to add to the list
Oxencombe Foxy lady(Holly) Clear/Clear
Oxencombe Devon Dazzler (Ivy) Clear/Clear
Sins

Back