Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AHT Result EFS and DE and CC

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

Received six more emails on Friday from Lou at The A H T with the following results.

KC Name Loranka's Dawns Delight ( Daisy ) DRY EYE / CURLY COAT CLEAR
    Dob 09/01/2007 E F S CLEAR
    KC reg No AH02335502
    Chip No 978000001277257
    Sex Bitch
    Colour Blenheim
    Sire Loranka's Contradiction
    Dam Loranka's Party Piece

KC Name Lichens Tartan Breeze ( Rosie ) DRY EYE AND CURLY COAT CARRIER
    Dob 19/07/2007 E F S CLEAR
    KC reg No AH03488601
    Chip No 978000001278725
    Sex Bitch
    Colour Ruby
    Sire Rabymar Courageous Heart
    Dam Lichens Tartan Flame

K C Name Ailcres Blue Emotion ( Lily ) DRY EYE AND CURLY COAT CLEAR
    DOB 16/09/2008 E F S CARRIER
    KC reg No AK01048502
    Chip No981000002685820
    Sex Bitch
    Colour Black and Tan
    Sire Campanards Tribute To Sorata ( Imp Swe )
    Dam Celxo Tina Turner At Ailcres

And our Pops to keep The FlowerCavs together but I posted her results last week

KC Name Happy Starshine (Poppy ) as previously advised DRY EYE AND CURLY COAT CLEAR
    Dob 04/07/2006 E F S CLEAR
    KC reg No AG03264703
    Chip No981000000955442
    Sex Bitch
    Color Tricolour
    Sire Korrraines Disco Dancer
    Dam Sally Moonstar

So a mix of results for two of my girls but of course they are not affected and they are spayed and they are
    still my much loved FlowerCavs ,but after my paying the required 75.00 fee we know that one is a carrier of
    Dry Eye and Curly Coat and another is a carrier of EFS .I am also aware that the two sires in question could
    still be being used so I hope the owners will note these results and take the appropriate action .I will also
    be emailing the girls breeders to advise the resuts to them .

We hope by our actions that we will have helped all our Cavalier King Charles Spaniels to a healthier ,brighter
    future .

Best Wishes
    Brian with a lot of help from
    The FlowerCavs
    Poppy ,Daisy, Rosie and Lily
    Last edited by Brian M; 23rd April 2012 at 11:48 AM.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Well done Brian,
    And of course,we're all so proud and fond of the beautiful flowercavaliers themselves.
    It's truly a worthwhile undertaking by the AHT and all the clubs to carry out this study.
    Sins
    Sharing my sofa with Holly, Ivy,Lilly and Hazy.. and never forgetting our beautiful Daisy who reached the bridge too soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

Below is a sample of the eight certificates I received from Lou at The AHT ,there are two certs for each, one for Curly Coat and Dry Eye and the other for E.F.S.
    I have emailed the current owners of the two sires and one of the dams ,the other dam I cant trace ,and I have received kind replies from two thanking
    me for making them aware of my results ,so it looks like the girls efforts have achieved what we wanted .I sent Lou an email thanking her for her kind help and also
    enclosed a photo of the girls as I thought she could than put a waggy tail to a number ,and she kindly sent the foolowing part reply which of course I said yes to .

[FONT=Tahoma]"The photo of the girls is adorable. I wonder whether you would mind if I were to use it in a little presentation I will be giving my colleagues here at the Animal Health Trust sometime in the next few weeks? It's perfect for showing all four colours and they are all posing so beautifully. The photo would not be made publically available without your express permission though."

[IMG][/IMG][/FONT]
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you for the update Brian - good news that none of them are affected [although you would expect to be seeing symptoms by now anyway]. It's really good that you have been in contact with the breeders and received a positive response. This will be helpful to them in making breeding decisions.

Thank you for paying to have your other 3 tested, also to Tania who paid for Dougall to be tested too.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org