• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

AHT Result EFS and DE and CC

Hi

Received six more emails on Friday from Lou at The A H T with the following results.

KC Name Loranka's Dawns Delight ( Daisy ) DRY EYE / CURLY COAT CLEAR
Dob 09/01/2007 E F S CLEAR
KC reg No AH02335502
Chip No 978000001277257
Sex Bitch
Colour Blenheim
Sire Loranka's Contradiction
Dam Loranka's Party Piece

KC Name Lichens Tartan Breeze ( Rosie ) DRY EYE AND CURLY COAT CARRIER
Dob 19/07/2007 E F S CLEAR
KC reg No AH03488601
Chip No 978000001278725
Sex Bitch
Colour Ruby
Sire Rabymar Courageous Heart
Dam Lichens Tartan Flame

K C Name Ailcres Blue Emotion ( Lily ) DRY EYE AND CURLY COAT CLEAR
DOB 16/09/2008 E F S CARRIER
KC reg No AK01048502
Chip No981000002685820
Sex Bitch
Colour Black and Tan
Sire Campanards Tribute To Sorata ( Imp Swe )
Dam Celxo Tina Turner At Ailcres

And our Pops to keep The FlowerCavs together but I posted her results last week

KC Name Happy Starshine (Poppy ) as previously advised DRY EYE AND CURLY COAT CLEAR
Dob 04/07/2006 E F S CLEAR
KC reg No AG03264703
Chip No981000000955442
Sex Bitch
Color Tricolour
Sire Korrraines Disco Dancer
Dam Sally Moonstar

So a mix of results for two of my girls but of course they are not affected and they are spayed and they are
still my much loved FlowerCavs ,but after my paying the required £75.00 fee we know that one is a carrier of
Dry Eye and Curly Coat and another is a carrier of EFS .I am also aware that the two sires in question could
still be being used so I hope the owners will note these results and take the appropriate action .I will also
be emailing the girls breeders to advise the resuts to them .

We hope by our actions that we will have helped all our Cavalier King Charles Spaniels to a healthier ,brighter
future .

Best Wishes
Brian with a lot of help from
The FlowerCavs
Poppy ,Daisy, Rosie and Lily

Last edited:
Well done Brian,
And of course,we're all so proud and fond of the beautiful flowercavaliers themselves.
It's truly a worthwhile undertaking by the AHT and all the clubs to carry out this study.
Sins

Hi

Below is a sample of the eight certificates I received from Lou at The AHT ,there are two certs for each, one for Curly Coat and Dry Eye and the other for E.F.S.
I have emailed the current owners of the two sires and one of the dams ,the other dam I cant trace ,and I have received kind replies from two thanking
me for making them aware of my results ,so it looks like the girls efforts have achieved what we wanted .I sent Lou an email thanking her for her kind help and also
enclosed a photo of the girls as I thought she could than put a waggy tail to a number ,and she kindly sent the foolowing part reply which of course I said yes to .

"The photo of the girls is adorable. I wonder whether you would mind if I were to use it in a little presentation I will be giving my colleagues here at the Animal Health Trust sometime in the next few weeks? It's perfect for showing all four colours and they are all posing so beautifully. The photo would not be made publically available without your express permission though."

6978951000_296b24e40d_z.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thank you for the update Brian - good news that none of them are affected [although you would expect to be seeing symptoms by now anyway]. It's really good that you have been in contact with the breeders and received a positive response. This will be helpful to them in making breeding decisions.

Thank you for paying to have your other 3 tested, also to Tania who paid for Dougall to be tested too.

Back