• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The Grand National

Brian M

Hi

I pray none of those beautiful animals are hurt in anyway tomorrow and to be honest if it was me I would have this
cruel event banned .I live on the other side of the River Mersey from Aintree and even by car from home to there
would only take me about 30 minutes but I have never been, but had many invitations including last year to attend
as a guest in a private box ,but I am not a big eater and I dont drink alchohol and I have no interest in barbaric
cruel sports I also dont bet on horese and I dont like crowds of people and I wont watch it on the telly so I shall have
far more fun and do something I really enjoy thats pleasurable ,calming ,rewarding and I love doing it "

I shall take the girls for a walk

Best Wishes

Brian m

Totally agree Brian.
Will not support this kind of sport.

Nanette.

PS Enjoy your walk with the flower girls.

I completely agree too Brian, I hate all horse racing and would be delighted if it were banned and I live 30 mins away from York's Knavesmire racecourse. Aintree is the worst though!

Hi

I believe two beautiful horse were killed in that event this afternoon ,I neither listened to it nor watched it and can only pray that something
happens to stop this stupid endless slaughter in a Nation of supposed animal lovers and yet it is there on our TV on prime time Saturday
afternoon for all of any age to watch .It makes absolutely no sense to me .I believe this national annual sporting event almost went bust in
the late 70's early 80,s its a damn pity it didn't ,I suppose I shall write to the BBC to protest but will that make any difference no but I will try .

http://www.gopetition.com/petition/44679/sign.html#se

Last edited:
Very sad, don't know why this is just accepted! I'll admit as a teenager-(many years ago:)- I went to a few race meetings with friends and followed it and enjoyed it for a while until I realised how dangerous and cruel it is...Even when I did follow it for those couple of years I always hated the grand nationals both here in Ireland and in the UK...Too many horses, there is bound to be an accident. AND I know jockeys get hurt and can be seriously or fatally injured BUT they choose to do it,the poor animals don't. I always feel quilty that I once liked going to see horses or dogs race. I HATE it now!!

Hi Pippa

Like you as a kid I went to Chester races with MUm and Dad an then for many years I did amateur boxing and ended up with a fractured jaw ,lots of rib damage
a broken nose and many cuts and briuses but I enjoyed it at the time but most of all it was my decision those poor animals cant say NO .

Back