Thread: Positive thoughts for Dillon please...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Positive thoughts for Dillon please...

Dillon is having his neutering op on Saturday, and the vet is extracting 4 canine baby teeth which simply refuse to come out and once they've done all of that they're taking some bloods to test for Leishmania (Sand fly) prior to having the vaccination (they have to test negative for the vaccine to be given). OK, OK I know its all relatively minor stuff but I am already getting very anxious indeed.....I'm giving him extra vit c and Arnica - anyone else got any tips for after the op?

Hope my precious boy is OK............

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure he will be fine but we always worry about them, don't we. Sending positive thoughts your way x
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure he'll be fine and its normal for you the feel anxious HOWEVER having just been through a surgery (minor) with my 4 yr old son I would say try not to worry so much that your pup notices. I hear cavaliers "just know" when their owners are sad. Try to stay up beat and "you"ll be fine baby, see you after". I'm sure the vet will give you all the info you need on after care and I'm sure you will spoil him up a little more a few days.

Good Luck,
    Melissa

Post Thanks / Like

It's good to get as much as possible done in one go, and in my experience dogs recover quickly and without problems - they take such things far more in their stride than their owners! Let us know how it goes.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We do all understand because you cannot help but worry over these little dogs.

After the operation ............ he will be a little sorry for himself & you will feel really guilty and keep telling him you are sorry.

You will need to give him some easily digested soft food for a day or so but you will be surprised how quickly they can get over these things.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret C View Post
    We do all understand because you cannot help but worry over these little dogs.

After the operation ............ he will be a little sorry for himself & you will feel really guilty and keep telling him you are sorry.

You will need to give him some easily digested soft food for a day or so but you will be surprised how quickly they can get over these things.
    Perfectly said. Gentle hugs to Dillon.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much for your kind and thoughtful replies. I'm no stranger to the vets office, although you'd think I was from this post...I do think he has picked up on my being anxious today though, as he's been quite clingy and normally he's a very chilled out boy shall have to watch myself....I will let you all know how we get on..

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Positive thoughts for Dillon please - UPDATE

My boy is home and doing well! he went in for surgery at 08:30 and was home by 12 noon. As well as neutering the vet extracted four baby teeth which all had HUGE roots he tested negative for the Leishmania vaccine which is the result we hoped for, so can go ahead with the first of his three shots some time in May.

Poor chap is sore, but he is ravenous for food and after a peaceful night managed a slow quiet walk this morning. Hopefully his recovery will be very unremarkable......thank you for all your thoughts

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So pleased the operation is safely over & he is home with you. Now you can relax a little.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I missed this earlier on. I am assuming since it's now been three days that he is doing brilliant?

Gentle hugs from Claire and I.
    Cindy and Claire
    Claire was born on Feb7, 2010