• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Positive thoughts for Dillon please...

Dillboy

Dillon is having his neutering op on Saturday, and the vet is extracting 4 canine baby teeth which simply refuse to come out :x and once they've done all of that they're taking some bloods to test for Leishmania (Sand fly) prior to having the vaccination (they have to test negative for the vaccine to be given). OK, OK I know its all relatively minor stuff but I am already getting very anxious indeed.....I'm giving him extra vit c and Arnica - anyone else got any tips for after the op?

Hope my precious boy is OK............

I'm sure he will be fine but we always worry about them, don't we. Sending positive thoughts your way x

I'm sure he'll be fine and its normal for you the feel anxious HOWEVER having just been through a surgery (minor) with my 4 yr old son I would say try not to worry so much that your pup notices. I hear cavaliers "just know" when their owners are sad. Try to stay up beat and "you"ll be fine baby, see you after". I'm sure the vet will give you all the info you need on after care and I'm sure you will spoil him up a little more a few days.

Good Luck,
Melissa

It's good to get as much as possible done in one go, and in my experience dogs recover quickly and without problems - they take such things far more in their stride than their owners!(y) Let us know how it goes.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

We do all understand because you cannot help but worry over these little dogs.

After the operation ............ he will be a little sorry for himself & you will feel really guilty and keep telling him you are sorry.

You will need to give him some easily digested soft food for a day or so but you will be surprised how quickly they can get over these things.

We do all understand because you cannot help but worry over these little dogs.

After the operation ............ he will be a little sorry for himself & you will feel really guilty and keep telling him you are sorry.

You will need to give him some easily digested soft food for a day or so but you will be surprised how quickly they can get over these things.

Perfectly said. Gentle hugs to Dillon.

Thank you very much for your kind and thoughtful replies. I'm no stranger to the vets office, although you'd think I was from this post...I do think he has picked up on my being anxious today though, as he's been quite clingy and normally he's a very chilled out boy :smile: shall have to watch myself....I will let you all know how we get on..

Positive thoughts for Dillon please - UPDATE

My boy is home and doing well! he went in for surgery at 08:30 and was home by 12 noon. As well as neutering the vet extracted four baby teeth which all had HUGE roots :shock: he tested negative for the Leishmania vaccine which is the result we hoped for, so can go ahead with the first of his three shots some time in May.

Poor chap is sore, but he is ravenous for food and after a peaceful night managed a slow quiet walk this morning. Hopefully his recovery will be very unremarkable......thank you for all your thoughts

Sorry I missed this earlier on. I am assuming since it's now been three days that he is doing brilliant?

Gentle hugs from Claire and I.

Back