• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

West Midlands Cavalier Walk

Kate H

Several members who live in the West Midlands or nearby areas expressed an interest several weeks ago about getting together for a walk. Flo suggested Cannon Hill Park, in Pershore Road, to the south-west of the city centre. Although the more formal end of the park is closed to dogs, there is plenty of open space where we can walk our dogs (safely off-lead if they are not bicycle chasers!), and woodland areas if the weather is hot. There is also a cafe where we can get a cup of tea.

If people are interested, would Saturday 5 May from about 2 - 4.30pm be suitable? An alternative date would be Saturday 2 June.

For those with SatNav, aim for the Birmingham Nature Centre, B5 7RL. For those travelling by public transport, get a no. 45 or 47 bus from outside the main entrance of New Street Station and get off at the Nature Centre.

Please let me know if you would like to come (and also let me know if later you can't come), so that we don't hang around in the car park wondering if anyone else is going to turn up.

More details nearer the time.

Another nice place to walk is Sandwell Valley Country Park, near West Bromwich and close to the M6 - if our first walk goes well, we might have a walk there later in the year. Other suggestions welcome!

Kate, Oliver and Aled (who investigated Cannon Hill Park today and arrived home tired and rather muddy!)

i would love to come but a bit far with 3 dogs on train i would def come to sandwell valley and just bring the boys tho! x

I have put it in my diary already Kate and will be looking forward to it. Please let me know a.s.a.p. which date will apply.

Is it okay to invite people and their Cavaliers who are not members of this forum?

As very few people showed much interest in a walk this Saturday, and the weather being what it is, the West Midlands walk is being postponed, probably to Saturday, 2 June. I'll finalise the date and post about it nearer the time - but if you're interested, get 2 June into your diary now!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

What a shame I am away for competition this weekend and also the 2nd of june weekend.

Nicki - yes of course - anyone with a Cavalier who lives near enough to come will be welcome!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back