• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Death by fluffs.

Alana

Okay Bella has had a lot of digestion issues, for the last 2 months she hasn't had bloody diarrhea (sometimes she will have the runs for a day and will then be fine) but her fluffs are killing me! She has protexin every day to help with her digestive system, anything else I can give her? Tips?

I can tell you not to give her kangaroo then. Woah, Jessie has dried kangaroo and we have to evacuate rooms. Could it be something in her diet, anything liver usually does it. Jessie still has those days where he'll have a horrible potty, usually if he eats a bit too much, like chipbark, dirt, my potted palms.

I started giving Rylie a probiotic to help with his digestion and it also nearly eliminated his gas unless he gets too many treats. (90% of his treats are kibble unless we are going to class or a trial then it's more like 50%).

I give Bella protexin probiotic every day. I think I will switch to kibble treats. Thank you!

Yeah, liver will do it! And this sounds funny, but I gave Brooky seaweed once and BOY OH BOY, now that was some gas!! Ha

Oliver's vet advised dropping the amount of protein in his kibble. He was on 27% (Royal Canin) and now his food is 22% (Wainwrights) his poo is a lot firmer. I also sprinkle a bit of oat bran on his food (which I read about on here) to firm him up too.

Oliver had the worst pumps when he stole cat food! Which is also very high in protein.
Cat food is now up high out of his reach!! lol.

I don't find liver gives him wind. But I only give him a tiny bit every other day.

Mxx

Back