Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: harness solution

Post Thanks / Like

Default harness solution

Bentley has a puppia harness, but for walks I prefire the easy walk and ses-ible harness for him (had sens-ible but he chewed it up, and I have not sent it for repair yet) Both Sensible and easy walk are horrible to fit, they make that wheel spoke shape that they say is wrong, but nothing I do to try to fix it works. The past few walks when we get in and I take off his front lead harness Bentley lets out a bit of a yelp if I touch under his arm where the harness hits, I am worried this is causing pain, so today we walked with the puppia harness which I know he is comfy in, but the walk was not enjoyable as he started pulling as soon as he realized he could, he walks next to a stroller so I had no choice but to keep the leash really short.

We have tried Halti brand front leads but the small is still too big, which is too bad as it does not make the wheel spoke shape on him.. I tried a bigger gentle lead harness but it was very baggy too even at it's tightest setting, and still made a bit of a wheel spoke shape.

Wondering if anyone has a harness suggestion that fits cavaliers body shape nicely , and is a front lead, he is great on his lead as long as he has the front lead, (or a collar but I do not want to hurt his trachea) as soon as we use a step in or puppia or basic harness, he starts pulling like mad. HELP! Our walks are such a special time for Bentley and I, so I want to fix this fast.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe these people can help? http://www.shop.dachshunddelights.co..._mesh-1-1.html I ordered Rose a harness from them (my little Houdini!). Rose was uncomfortable in the harnesses I had before because they hit wrong under her front legs. We traveled out of town/by plane with the new harness recently, and wearing it for hours didn't bother her at all . These also don't put pressure on the neck if you hook it on the d-ring on the back (and while I was skeptical at first, it does work that way). Since they are custom made to your dog, perhaps they could add a d-ring to the front of one for you? It can't hurt to email or call them to ask . I am very happy with Rose's harness.

Last edited by Furrfoot; 28th April 2012 at 05:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

This is why I have:
    http://www.australianexplorer.com/shop/products/88.php

Its hard to see in the pic, but you can front clip on the round ring in the front of the harness. This works for us and she walks great on it. Might only be in Australia though??

Post Thanks / Like

Oh cool! I never even thought of clipping the leash to the front of the basic harness. I will have to try that today for our walk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Furrfoot View Post
    Maybe these people can help? http://www.shop.dachshunddelights.co..._mesh-1-1.html I ordered Rose a harness from them (my little Houdini!). Rose was uncomfortable in the harnesses I had before because they hit wrong under her front legs. We traveled out of town/by plane with the new harness recently, and wearing it for hours didn't bother her at all . These also don't put pressure on the neck if you hook it on the d-ring on the back (and while I was skeptical at first, it does work that way). Since they are custom made to your dog, perhaps they could add a d-ring to the front of one for you? It can't hurt to email or call them to ask . I am very happy with Rose's harness.

My husband wants your cavalier haha, he was like "That is our next cav!" He love long drappy Blenhiems.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ! You should see her sister!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Furrfoot View Post
    Thanks ! You should see her sister!
    lol Do not show me, we both want a female blenhiem or black and tan so badly, we have cav fever again but we have to wait a year or more.

Post Thanks / Like

the basic harness with the leash clipped to the front worked beautifully for me for an emergency run out of town when dh had car troubles. (I decided to bring Bentley along for the ride) I ran out and just walking Bentley out of the house like that was perfect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Etsy is a site with tons of custom dog harnesses. Most of the craftspeople would be able to make a custom harness as long as you can show them what you want specifically.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! It could work for you, glad it seems to for now!!