• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lucky & Sparky at the Beach

Lani

I love this picture that I took of Lucky and Sparky this afternoon at the beach:

IMG_4379.jpg

They had a fun day and now they are snoozing contently while they dry off from their baths :lol:

They are lovely and look very similar - are they from the same litter?

They aren't but they do look a lot alike don't they?
Sparky is about a year younger than Lucky. He's a Lucky Star rescue from a puppy mill that was raided in West Virginia in 2008.

I love the Jersey shore, and I love looking at the pictures of all the cavaliers at the beach! Your babies are so cute. Wish we were there! :)

I love the Jersey shore, and I love looking at the pictures of all the cavaliers at the beach! Your babies are so cute. Wish we were there! :)

The downside is that we had to pass a woodsy area to get to this section of beach. As a result, we brought home ticks! I think most were on the dogs, but because they are on Frontline Plus fell off them and found me. I let the dogs sleep in the bed, so I think that is how I got on on my head. Found another one the following morning and last night when I was vacuuming and washing just about everything the dogs had been near I found another live tick on the floor near their crate.

So, in 30 days or so, we'll all get tested for Lyme. And I will probably get Lyme vaccines for the dogs. We've NEVER had a tick before ever. I did bathe the dogs as soon as we got home because I was worried about poison ivy, but I think this is going to be a rough tick season. Obviously, the bath didn't remove the ticks. :(

On the Plus side ... I LOVE this picture so much, I don't think I'll need to go finding a professional photographer to take a shot of them. I love this more than anything anyone else could do. :)

I would really love to have this photo made into a painting. I used a photo app on Facebook and love this effect. This I would totally frame and put on my wall! :)

dogspainting.jpg

Just a quick update to this - turns out my sister's dog Razz got Lyme disease on this outing. :(

He was just diagnosed today.

I haven't had Lucky and Sparky tested yet (they are not showing any symptoms) but I got myself tested and I'm negative (had a tick on my head!).

I'm going to try to bring Lucky & Sparky into the vet this weekend to get tested and then get them a vaccine as well once we confirm they are negative for Lyme (since the vaccine can produce a false positive)

Back