Thread: Sasha has umbilical hernia

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sasha has umbilical hernia

The vet said its fine till she is spayed, to watch for any changes. We call it her Nubbin and i think it looks like the little thing on Turkeys that pop out when cooked [IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Our Jessie had one almost identical to Sasha's and we had his removed at four months when he was desexed. The general advice is that usually they just mend themselves, as it is basically a little fat pocket, but Jessie's just kept getting bigger. After it was removed, the vet explained how the fat deposit was much larger than they had thought, even though it didn't pose any risk to his health.
    Before she goes in for surgery, try to get a few pairs of baby socks if possible. Jessie was able to scratch his hernia stitches with his hind legs, so we had to put socks on him and athletic tape to secure them. It wasn't the stitches that irritated him, but his fur where they shaved his tummy. The surgery is really common and only takes an extra 10 minutes on top of the desexing surgery time.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not that rare for cavaliers to have them.They're mostly just harmless and don't pose any risk to their health.
    It can certainly wait until the neuter.
    Sins
    Sharing my sofa with Holly, Ivy,Lilly and Hazy.. and never forgetting our beautiful Daisy who reached the bridge too soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for advice, i will remember that when the time comes x