• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Teddy

I miss you more than I ever imagined. He was only 2 yrs old, healthy & oh so happy. It makes it so hard when the Necropsy comes back and the cause of death = "Unknown"
Teddy was my lil Man! My Shadow! He woke up at 7 am like always with us, sat up on my pillow, looked out the window for a second, let out a grunt & fell over. Just like that He was gone.
He was my best friend.
(Teddy "T-Bear" Patterson)
black and tan male.
7/9/09 - 2/16/12

Last edited:
I am so sorry.

Two years old is much too young for him to die and to not know why must be so hard.

He was obviously so much loved and had a wonderful life with you. RIP Little Man

How awful for you, the most dreadful thing to lose a 2 year old so suddenly like that.
My heart goes out to you.

Nanette

thank you all for the kind words. i've uploaded some pics of Teddy and our other babies. almost been 3 months since my little Man passed. my wife works as an RVT2 at the UGA small animal teaching hospital (neuro dept.) and she and i rushed him to her work that morning. i was doing cpr and she was driving. at least 30 ppl were crowded around the table trying to help save him while the dr's worked on him. they tried for 45 min to bring him back but just couldn't revive him. some dogs are just too good for this earth i believe. thanks again for all the support, this forum is wonderful and it has helped my wife and myself alot.
c.p.

RIP little Teddy and run free at Rainbowbridge.

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear, "It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."
I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,
You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.
I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore.
I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.
I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care.
I want to re-assure you, that I'm not lying there.
I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said " it's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.
I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.
It's possible for me, to be so near you everyday.
To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."
You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew...
In the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.
The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning
and say "good-night, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."
And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.
I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.

Be patient, live your journey out...then come home to be with me

Last edited:
I am so sorry

I'm Still Here

Friend, please don't mourn for me
I'm still here, though you don't see.
I'm right by your side each night and day
and within your heart I long to stay.

My body is gone but I'm always near.
I'm everything you feel, see or hear.
My spirit is free, but I'll never depart
as long as you keep me alive in your heart.

I'll never wander out of your sight-
I'm the brightest star on a summer night.
I'll never be beyond your reach-
I'm the warm moist sand when you're at the beach.

I'm the colorful leaves when fall comes around
and the pure white snow that blankets the ground.
I'm the beautiful flowers of which you're so fond,
The clear cool water in a quiet pond.

I'm the first bright blossom you'll see in the spring,
The first warm raindrop that April will bring.
I'm the first ray of light when the sun starts to shine,
and you'll see that the face in the moon is mine.

When you start thinking there's no one to love you,
you can talk to me through the Lord above you.
I'll whisper my answer through the leaves on the trees,
and you'll feel my presence in the soft summer breeze.

I'm the hot salty tears that flow when you weep
and the beautiful dreams that come while you sleep.
I'm the smile you see on a baby's face.
Just look for me, friend, I'm everyplace!

----Aileen

I'm so sorry you lost Teddy. I dread the day when one of mine dies, but Teddy was just so young. It's so heartbreaking. My heart aches for you and your wife.

Oh my, I am sooo terribly sorry to hear this news about your sweet young dog. I can't imagine the pain of something like that happening, and then to have no answers.

I pray that somehow you will find peace. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

A two year old , you think that you will have a long time together ahead then that happens, so sudden, so dreadful, I'm so sorry for you and Teddy, sincerely.

All of your kind comments really do help. You ppl are wonderful on this forum. I am so very glad that I found Cavalier Talk.

I'm so very sorry to read about Teddy - it's devastating to lose a Cavalier at any age, but to lose them young is especially hard - you feel cheated. Teddy sounds very special, he was fortunate to have been so loved and you obviously have many precious memories which will be a comfort you.

It's really hard to not know what happened, but sadly often the case with post mortems.

hi
i'm so sorry to read about teddy that is far to young for him to go to the bridge
in 1980 i lost a 14 week old blenhem called sam to distemper (bought from a puppy centre)
its heart breaking when they leave us

I'm so sorry to read about Teddy. It must have been so traumatic to lose him at such a young age and in such a dramatic way, with so many people trying to help save him. You gave him such a great chance :flwr:

I am so sorry to hear about Teddy. So young but so loved. Run free with all the angels at Rainbows Bridge

Back