• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cooked chicken necks?

Chloeinalbany

Hi all. I was reminded by a vet recently that it is better to feed boiled chicken to get rid of nasty stuff such as salmonella. We have been feeding raw chicken necks, amongst others for our Chloe. She thrives on raw diet, and so far we are very happy with her weight and health. However, this has got me thinking. What I have read and was told so far is that our dogs can handle raw diet among others due to the high acidity nature of their stomach. Opinions and thoughts? Scientific explanations behind this, either way? Thanks!.

--
Chloe , 1.5 year old therapy Cavalier.

We feed raw. What I have read on a website I consider credible is that the dog's intestinal tract is much shorter than a human's. Any salmonella bacteria exits the body much sooner than it would a human's, where it can set up housekeeping and multiply. I am no expert, just telling what I have read.

Back