• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rain, rain go away.....

meljoy

As the nursery rhyme says "Rain rain go away" I wish it would even for a short time!
Is anyone else fed up with the weather in the UK at the moment? I have only been able to get Leo out for short walks as it has poured here recently.
I know we need the rain.....and unbelievably there is still a hose pipe ban in the UK !!!! But I wish the sun would shine so we can get out for a long, well needed walk.

I wondered what people were doing with their Cavaliers in this miserable weather. Any activities or games people are playing?

It cant go on for ever.......can it?

What is the hose pipe ban? We were in a drought for many years here in Australia, we had so much rain the dam was going to over flow and they had to open the flood gates.

I guess I've never given any thought into the weather in the UK, but I thought it was cloudy and rainy a lot. I don't know why I'd think that..........I live in Southeastern Virginia and last spring and summer was super dry, the Great Dismal Swamp was on fire most of the summer and the smoke blowing up here was bad somedays even a brush with a hurricane didn't put it out!!!! We had a very mild winter and I'm preying for a nice hot long summer, our family loves water sports. It's also very humid here too. Today its like 88 and humid but the clouds are building.......thunder and lighting to come I think.

Is it cold there, will your dogs walk anyway in the rain??? My kids love to if there's not thunder or lighting and its warm......its kinda fun. Just getting soaking wet splash in puddles act like a child.

Melissa

What is the hose pipe ban? We were in a drought for many years here in Australia, we had so much rain the dam was going to over flow and they had to open the flood gates.

Hosepipe ban is when nobody is allowed to use the hosepipe to water your garden or wash the car. If somebody reports you it’s a big fine.

I guess I've never given any thought into the weather in the UK, but I thought it was cloudy and rainy a lot. I don't know why I'd think that..........I live in Southeastern Virginia and last spring and summer was super dry, the Great Dismal Swamp was on fire most of the summer and the smoke blowing up here was bad somedays even a brush with a hurricane didn't put it out!!!! We had a very mild winter and I'm preying for a nice hot long summer, our family loves water sports. It's also very humid here too. Today its like 88 and humid but the clouds are building.......thunder and lighting to come I think.

Is it cold there, will your dogs walk anyway in the rain??? My kids love to if there's not thunder or lighting and its warm......its kinda fun. Just getting soaking wet splash in puddles act like a child.

Melissa

Today there was no rain until late afternoon. Some days it doesn’t stop raining at all and most Cavaliers don’t like going out. Over the weekend we are suppose to get ground frost. Don’t know what’s happening to the weather it’s crazy. Never had a May like it.

Well its stopped long enough for a good walk today. The sky is full of black clouds so I guess more rain is inevitable.
Roll on the summer:cool:

Back