• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Charlie meet the world.. world meet Charlie

CharliesMum

Hey there everyone!

I'd like you all to meet Charlie.
This puppy ownnnns my heart.. I'm sure the feeling is mutual with your pups!
She is 3 months old (as of yesterday) and she is my first Cavalier King Charles and definitely will not be my last. :l*v:
I'm so impressed with this breed of dog and I'm glad I did my research before choosing a puppy.

In the first week of her arrival in our home she has learned to 'sit' 'dance' (spin) 'lay down' 'shake paw' 'up' and 'down'
I don't want to over do it but they pick things up so quickly

She's goes through her terror puppy phase for a couple hours twice a day and then remainder of the time she's a cuddle bug (or crashed!)

We've had a couple health issues already.. a swollen lymph node under her chin on her jaw bone and an allergy to either wheat or chicken (I believe)
Both have been addressed and she's in good health :)

2 more weeks and we can get her last set of shots and start taking walks and hitting up the parks! :dogwlk:

My names Kate! Nice meeting you all..

WwCIQ.jpg

Hi Kate!

OMG she is SOO beautiful!! Such feathery hair already!! :) My little one also doesn't do well with chicken...generally it has to be lamb or she gets the runs. And that's amazing about the training! I want to teach Lady how to dance, that's adorable and I never even thought of it. May I ask how you're teaching her all of this so quickly?

Thats exactly how it was with her too! I switched to Performatrin Ultra Lamb and Brown Rice and she's doing soooo much better. Finally solid poop! haha

As for the training.. I watched tons of videos on youtube for techniques. She's very treat driven (because of the allergy I switched to 100% liver treats) I was also very consistent. I did 3 15 min sessions a day.. still do. Keep your sessions short so she doesn't get bored and so you don't get irritated. Technique for each trick is different.. but you also should consider the order that you teach them. e.i. you can't teach her how to roll over without teaching her to lay down.. etc. I'm working on roll over now.. but I think she's a bit young still. I'm focusing more on obedience training right now. I wanted to teach her a few tricks quickly so she got the concept of learning new things.. and responding to what I want.

Its all very new to me! Just do loads of research and watch videos! :)

Have fun with it!

How old is your pup?

Welcome and Charlie is beautiful ! Your tricks sound fab you'll have to video Charlie to let us see! Alfie can sit, give paw and is learning down but he always seems so excited at the thought if treats and he sits and waves his paws at me or tries to jump up I just feel he's too excited to learn!!

Back