• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Charlie's health check & booster

Rj Mac

Charlie was at the vets today, booster time, and also time for his quarterly check up, things are pretty decent considering his age, his heart is still stable, and lungs clear on current medication levels, so that's great,

Had suspiscions for a while that his sight is on the wane, and that's been confirmed, he has the beginings of cataracts, but the vet is overall content that he's doing well, as are we, he really is a remarkable old man, he does have his odd quiet duvet days, but more often than not the spark's still there......and there's no doubt who's the boss in our house when he's on form lol :l*v:

Jake our Lab is going the same way with his sight, so the 2 of them occasionally have the odd bump, and neither very rarely leave our side's at the park now, they just prefer to stay close, and plod along

R.

That's great news for you and Charlie. How old is he? My Tess is nine, and I'm thinking I should have her hearing and eyes checked, although she hasn't shown signs of trouble except for the occasional bout of selective hearing. She hears when I fix her dinner just fine! :-D

That's fantastic news!! He is truly amazing, and you are doing a wonderful job with him. Sorry to hear that both he and Jake are losing their sight, really sad. However they do cope incredibly well, as long as you don't move things around too much. If they are unsure on a walk, they may feel more secure on a lead? Or you can attach bells to you so that they always know where you are - you become a "Guide Human" :)

Emkaybee, in case Ryan doesn't see your question, Charlie is 14 now!! Ryan and family very kindly rehomed him a couple of years ago.

Good to hear :) ...We think DJ's sight is getting worse he is due for check-up and booster on weds next and I will be asking the vet to check his eyes for me, she did say last year he had lost some sight and will get worse, but like Nicki said, she told us he will adapt and be fine so long as we don't move furniture etc around too much.

Great news about Charlie. And what a great age.

How is your health Ryan?

Hi Sabby sorry for the late...late reply, not been online much lately,

Some days are easier than others, would be the best way to describe things, I have been told there is a surgical procedure which could help, but is incredibly risky, and they would rather avoid, as long as i am mobile...ish, and can work they will continue to manage with pain meds, and physio,

R,

If they are unsure on a walk, they may feel more secure on a lead? Or you can attach bells to you so that they always know where you are - you become a "Guide Human"

Our walks, are only down the riverside that i have put many a pic up of before lol, just as you sujest Nicki, the dogs are familiar there, and it's a nice level easy walk for them, well known scents and sounds, as for the bells......not sure how i'd look rigged up like a morris dancer :D

Good to see you posting Ryan although so sorry to hear you are having so much pain and problems still :(

Pippa, I'm sorry about DJ's sight - they are truly amazing in how they adapt and the other senses definitely seem to compensate.

Back