Thread: Cavalier King Charles male puppy conflict with 18 month bitch.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cavalier King Charles male puppy conflict with 18 month bitch.

Recently introduced 18 month bitch to a 8 week puppy to act as a play mate for her when we're not present. The bitch has been spoiled and is very needy therefore the introduction of puppy in what she shes as her house made her sulk and look heartbroken for which i feel guilty for.
    The puppy is at a stage where he is fascinated by everything but has settled well in that he minds his own business with regards to the older dog. Our bitch likes to sniff the puppy constantly, i feel like he is to young to submit? When this happens the puppy chases and starts to nip. Their are periods of barking between the two.
    I just wanted tips on how to improve the situation. If this is common or are these two just not compatible.

Post Thanks / Like

im no expert and can only make general comments, the pup minding his own buisness is good many pups harass older dogs.
    the barking and nipping is likely to be play with me?
    i feel the sniffing is also good as then become more familar with other.
    im sure there are more experinced and knowledgable who wil have advice.
    my family son 05.11.96 boy cats bengal 'gem' 31.01.06 here 13.04.06 black siamese 'raven' 15.04.06 here 15.06.06
    girl dogs bleniem 'ruby' 18.10.07 here 11.10.08 black pug 'molly' 01.01.12 here 13.04.12

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They will take a while to get used to each other, make sure your older bitch has plenty of time away from puppy, and gets lots of attention from you and your family, and visitors to the house. Also keep her routine as far as possible.

This thread may help http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/s...206#post317206

If you search the forum you will see this often happens, but within a few days they are usually godo friends.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org