• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

SM and head tilt?

nicolse

My Tobey was operated on in February for SM; he has developed a slight head tilt; ears and eyes check out. Anyone else see a slight head tilt associated with SM or occipital caudal malformation once corrected?

Susan

Sometimes surgery corrects such issues. Have you spoken to your neurologist or neurosurgeon? I would definitely inform them right away of this just to be sure this doesn't need to be checked out. I would tend to think that it does need to be checked. But a lot depends on things like how much irreversible damage had already been done before the surgery, for example. But depending on the type of surgery and so on, I would wonder if something has developed that needs addressing. I've never heard of a development like this right after surgery (eg within the first year or so).

It could also be something entirely separate like an internal ear infection which would need a scan to identify and does need fast reaction not to do permanent damage. Or vestibular problems?

Back