• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My husband is a softy puppy parent

MomObvious

So I go out of town this weekend with my teenaged daughter for some fun girl time.(Music festival in New Jersey called Bamboozle- a total blast!) My husband was home with the boys and dogs. Well........ now Fletcher is sleeping in our bed! He cried in the crate so my soft pushover husband gave in. I guess its my fault I did leave for 2 nights, and he had not cried in his area with me here at all but I messed up his routines so soon, we've only had him a short time.Honestly I missed my puppy more than my boys. I don't mind too much, my plan was to have him in our bed after he was completely housetrained anyway. Housetraining is going super well, much better than any other puppy/dog I've ever had and my husband was able to keep that going and he was well loved while I was gone. My husband is Mr. Mom anyway. But he's this way with the kids too, he's a threaten-er parent. He says if you do that one more time your in trouble like 6 times to the kids so I knew he would be a softy when it came to Fletcher too. As long as Fletcher is sleeping thur the night and I prey doesn't jump off the bed (which I don't think he will) OR pee in my bed at 3am I'm just gonna go with it. I just think its funny my husband has such a soft spot he's a great Daddy to both the kids and dogs he's just not into rules. Oh well, I'm always the "bad guy".

Melissa

Very funny...I guess you don't get to say things like, "just wait till you father gets home..." :)

Heck no, its the other way around my youngest always called for Daddy when he's in time-out LOL Yeah I know why.....................

Husbands can be very difficult to train, I would recommend getting a professional trainer to help with these issues. :p

ROFLOL just love that!!

and it is SO TRUE!

If we could train the husbands, we would be 90% of the way there :)

It's lovely though that our husbands are such softies, much rather have that than the horrid things that happen :( :(

HAHAHAAAAAA so funny. Actually my husband is husband trained, he understands if I'm not happy nobody in my house will be. He is so great about sharing household chores, and just generally making things easier for me. I really do have a good catch. But when it comes to parenting kids or dogs well he just can't find his own foot to put it down. This is my second husband we married when my 2 older children from my first marriage where 5 and 8 so he came into a ready made family with NO experence living with children. His parents were the type that would just smack you if you got outta line and I'm totally to oppsite. I have few rules in my house but those are followed to a T no excuses. He had a hard time learning "my" way of parenting at first. He would come to me and whisper what do I do... it was cute. After a few years we had our own child, he is 4 now. And since I'm tired or because this will be his only bio child I let him take the lead on him. My husband is close to all the kids now. My oldest is 15 and she knows her step-dad can't tell her no to anything. He gets suckered into buying her I-tunes cards all the time. I NEVER undermind him when it comes to the kids...I just wait til later and say hey hon next time... I just think it's funny he's this way with Fletcher too. I knew he would end up spoiling the dog too. Oh well, I love my house full of spoiled kids and dogs AND WIFE!!

Melissa

Sounds a little like Jerry. Actually, a lot. And, no, husbands can't be trained; I should know - our 50th anniversary is next month! I was always the bad guy with the kids and now it's Bentley. The main thing we disagree on is that he can't ignore Bentley when he sits there looking so sweet & cute while we're eating so he slips him little tidbits when he thinks I'm not looking. Bentley had knee surgery last fall and we moved him from his crate to a bed in our room mainly because it was too difficult to get that big cone thing through the door of the crate. The next morning when I awoke I discovered Bentley in bed beside Jerry. I hadn't even heard him whine softly but Jerry, who is very hard of hearing, heard it and felt sorry for him. It only happened those 2 nights. Bentley now sleeps all night in his own bed about 6 feet from ours. The crate is now completely gone and he has access of most of the house. When we leave he goes to his bed and pouts. (I think)

My Stuart is the same. I'm the one who does all the "bad stuff" to them too, like cleaning ears, brushing out burbles and sending them to bed for begging.

But then I'm the one they actually listen to when I telling them something. With Stuart it's a 50/50 chance whether they will obey him or not as he's such a softy all the time.

He wants a Goldie, but I keep telling him not until he stops letting M&M away with murder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My husband is so bad about that.. haha, Bentley STILL has crate hysterics at 11 months because as soon as I am not around DH lets him come cuddle with him if he cries at all in the crate. I do not so the poor thing has to cry in the crate when I am around. (yet I am still Bentley's favorite haha) I hate when he does it when I First walk in the door, so I want to let him out cause I am home, but he is crying in there so I have to wait for him to stop. and that takes some time.. also he does it in the morning when I first wake up, so then I have to wait for him to stop to take him out again, and it makes me run late lol. It's all his dads fault.

There is more activity in this house between midnight and 6am.

The problem is my husband Graham!

If Dougall wants to take in the night air at 3am, that seems to be fine by Graham. The problem is, I don't get back to sleep and the other three monsters think it is great fun to have a good bark or chase the odd rabbit in the garden at 3am. I started to sleep in the other room things got so bad. Recently Graham has been away on a trip, I have licked the naughty monsters back into order, Dougall and his followers now sleep through the night. Graham returned back from his trip and was put through the same training regime.

Back