• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cloning your cavalier

With inbreeding coefficients of over 33% in a breed that has an average of 5% some cavalier breeders' linebreeding practices are well on the way to producing cloned cavaliers already.

With inbreeding coefficients of over 33% in a breed that has an average of 5% some cavalier breeders' linebreeding practices are well on the way to producing cloned cavaliers already.

You know, I just wish that we could click "Like" for posts like this one, instead of having to respond.

I saw a special on TV once about people having their dogs choned. These people were like totally OCD about getting "Chopper" back. AHHHH all these people had it done in Japan I think. And it cost them a LOT OF MONEY! Most of these were rescue mixed breed dogs that just have VERY loving owners. It was like these people actually thought they were getting back there died dogs back like cheating death. I ended up watching it because I was so eye brows raised about the people. One young guy even had his dogs choned 3 times at once and ended up naming the Chopper2, 3, and 4. I don't know. Personally, I think these people were a little twisted, I mean its great to have an amazing relationship with a dog. However, I think you honor your beloved pet by learning to love another one. For me, its just part of life.

Melissa

AQHA allows clones. But I think they just literally duplicate the pedigree, so it looks like a second offspring by the same sire/dam.

But really cloning animals just doesn't make sense to me.

I saw a special on TV once about people having their dogs choned. These people were like totally OCD about getting "Chopper" back. AHHHH all these people had it done in Japan I think. And it cost them a LOT OF MONEY! Most of these were rescue mixed breed dogs that just have VERY loving owners. It was like these people actually thought they were getting back there died dogs back like cheating death. I ended up watching it because I was so eye brows raised about the people. One young guy even had his dogs choned 3 times at once and ended up naming the Chopper2, 3, and 4. I don't know. Personally, I think these people were a little twisted, I mean its great to have an amazing relationship with a dog. However, I think you honor your beloved pet by learning to love another one. For me, its just part of life.

Melissa

I think i saw the same thing but i think it was a mini series or a series? it was WEIRD.these people were....they had issues. this one guy was so obssessed iwth getting his dog back..he had his girlfriend there..and kept saying 'i love this dog more then anything or anyone i love it i need it..its hte only thing i need in my entire life this has to work' stuff like that..and im thinking...that POOR GIRLFRIEND lol.

then this other woman..spent alll this money to clone her pet...and commited some crime..and ended up getting 10 years in prison..she was able to meet the cloned puppy once..and they only average a 10 year life span. insane.

I think i saw the same thing but i think it was a mini series or a series? it was WEIRD.these people were....they had issues. this one guy was so obssessed iwth getting his dog back..he had his girlfriend there..and kept saying 'i love this dog more then anything or anyone i love it i need it..its hte only thing i need in my entire life this has to work' stuff like that..and im thinking...that POOR GIRLFRIEND lol.

then this other woman..spent alll this money to clone her pet...and commited some crime..and ended up getting 10 years in prison..she was able to meet the cloned puppy once..and they only average a 10 year life span. insane.

Yes Chelsea that's it. I was thinking why is the girlfriend with this dude!!!! I saw another one with "chopper #2, #3, and #4" Weird people for sure.

Melissa

You know, I just wish that we could click "Like" for posts like this one, instead of having to respond.

:rotfl:

Yes was thinking the same.

I think there is actually a facility in the software to do something along those lines; will have to have a look at it over the coming week when I have to do some board maintenance anyway. :D

Clicking "like" ( as we do on Facebook) would be nice ! ;)

As much as we grieve over the loss of a dearly loved pet ( death is a part of life)...
...to have it cloned ( JMHO)..is a bit ridiculous.
Each person is an individual...with their own personality...same w/ animals. If we were all the same..how boring would this world be? That is why each person...each creature is unique in it's own way. I don't know if anyone agrees..but I believe God does that. To mess w/ it?? ..well.. I believe is wrong.
I can't see how cloning would work anyway. ( no matter how close they could scientifically get the right DNA, etc.) Yes..perhaps you would have a dog ( or whatever) that LOOKS the same as the one you lost & loved..but would it have the same personality???? So..you only really have 1/2 the package...after all...it is MORE than just the looks of an animal or human being that we fall in "love" with, right?

And Melissa (Momobvious).. I agree.. I think you DO honor your pet by loving another one. Life goes on..like it is meant to.

Back