• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Need to get my soup ladle out again

murphy's mum

We came back from Tesco to find pee on the sofa, and a patch just inside the living room door :(

So I've just dug the pee ladle(kept separate from the normal ladle ;)) out to try and catch a urine sample tomorrow morning. I'm quite sure it's Misty that had the accidents, but not sure if it's down to the freakish Scottish weather this week, and excess drinking, or if she has another UTI. I commented to Stuart just yesterday that she smelt strongly of urine, so I gave her a sanitary wash this morning. I'm suspecting the start of a UTI due to the smell, that and the fact there was two spots in just 40 minutes. With all the meds she's on I'll feel better getting them to do a check.

I've saturated the cushion with Simple Solution and washed the outside cover, I just hope the smell comes out of the cushion okay :xfngr:

So I've just dug the pee ladle(kept separate from the normal ladle ;))

Funny reminds me when I was a kid my Mom used a turkey baster to give the dog pills. I guess because that was a long time ago, she would use a little water and suck up the pill too and just shoot in down the dogs throat. One Thanksgiving my sister cried because she did want to eat turkey basted with the dogs pill giver LOL its wasn't the same one either but it was a funny story.

Funny reminds me when I was a kid my Mom used a turkey baster to give the dog pills. I guess because that was a long time ago, she would use a little water and suck up the pill too and just shoot in down the dogs throat. One Thanksgiving my sister cried because she did want to eat turkey basted with the dogs pill giver LOL its wasn't the same one either but it was a funny story.

Oh dear :D

Got my sample, so I'll drop it in at 9am when the vets open.

6359805495_9ef4b58e1a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

UTI confirmed, slightly elevated protein level. We've got anti-biotics to try, but she may need cultures done if she doesn't respond. They said its due to her being on Prednisolone since January, even though she's on a low dose. They said they put a needle directly into the bladder to do it 😳

The other thing is, she's been really unsettled, and her scratching has increased so her Pred was increased to a half daily, a week and a half ago. Ive just spoken to the Neuro and she says that it could all be down to the UTI, so I've to call her back on Friday with an update. It never rains, but it pours, but hopefully the discomfort was the starting of a UTI and we can reduce the Pred again. If not we may need to try something new as the current Gabapentin/Cimetidine/Pred combo isn't working and they don't want to leave her on a high dose of the Pred.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhhh poor baby. I hope the antibiotics work and she's better soon. I also hope the UTI is the thing causing the more scratching not the other meds/conditions.

Melissa

Back