Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sadie 4-6yrs ex-breeding bitch looking for a new forever home

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sadie 4-6yrs ex-breeding bitch looking for a new forever home

Sadie is a Ruby cavalier who is being fostered on Par in Cornwall having been handed in to Friends of Animals RCT. Here is her rehoming thread
    http://foa-rct.proboards.com/index.c...d=11725&page=1
    Please contact the rescue for more details

Post Thanks / Like

Sadie is still looking for a forever home

Post Thanks / Like

She is such a pretty lady !
    I do pray she finds a good home...and soon !!
    I have a question for you. Why do some breeders sell their females after they retire them?
    I see it happen here in the United States too.
    I guess I can't see having a dog if it's only purpose is to produce pups..and then get rid of it.
    ...but that's just me.
    *Diane ~ Mom to~
    Wrigley ( Cavalier) Zeb ( Labrador) & Jake ( Labradoodle)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I know why they do it. If you supplement your income by breeding dogs then having a non producing bitch is a strain on the financial resources, so they are rehomed - for money of course. The vacancy is then filled with another pup or young bitch to continue the breeding cycle and keep the money flowing. Sorry, I don't like it. What comes in through my door as a pup spends it's life with me; end of.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK

Post Thanks / Like

I sort of figured that was the case. Sad actually that some people are so selfish and only care about $$.
    Breaks my heart!
    I agree w/ you 100%. If we get a pup..or a dog...it becomes part of the family..we love it as such.
    It lives out the rest of it's life / us.
    At least this little Sadie will finally get the loves she deserves. I am praying someone will be willing to give her a forever home. I think she is beautiful !!
    *Diane ~ Mom to~
    Wrigley ( Cavalier) Zeb ( Labrador) & Jake ( Labradoodle)

Post Thanks / Like

hi there, wondered if anyone knows how long it takes to hear back from friends of animals rct rescue, i am very interested in how sadie the cavalier is doing? has she been rehomed, i did give my details on applying for adoption on sunday to the rescue centre, i believe shes being fostered in cornwall, i have not heard anything, it maybe i,am not a suitable candidate, but i just would love to know if shes found a new home. karen and ruby

Post Thanks / Like

Sadie is now reserved.

Karen I'm sure someone from FOA will be in touch or you can check the forum for news.

Regards
    Carol

Post Thanks / Like

thanks carol, fingers crossed, pauline been in touch, awaiting home visit, they have reserved sadie, karen

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh paws crossed for you Karen

The other side of rehoming ex breeding bitches is that they then get lots of individual attention rather than just being one of many...also as they get older it can be hard for them to cope with lots of young dogs and puppies around - and leaping all over them It obviously is also a strain on the finances, which is why many breeders do it, but I would personally prefer that they were found homes rather than living the rest of their lives in outside kennels. Some are lucky enough to live indoors, but still get only a small share of the breeder's attention. As most Cavaliers suffer with health problems as they age, and many of us know how hard that can be to manage in terms of sheer physical time, emotions and financial considerations, surely it is better that they are in a family?

I have rehomed quite a few retired breeding bitches and dogs, they have blossomed in a home environment and loved the attention, getting out for walks every day, and even going on holiday and new adventures.

It would be lovely to think that all breeders could keep all their oldies, but I have known of situations where they then end up with lots of old dogs that they cannot care for properly
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

it upsets me desperately, i want to rehome them all!!! but of course its impossible, but hopefully if all goes well, i can at least love and take care of one precious little creature, i feel such a connection with her already, dear sweet sadie. karen