• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Announcing the 2013 Calendar Photo competition

Nicki

####COMPETITION OPENS 11TH JUNE 2012####

This competition is to choose the photographs for the 2013 calendar, which will be available through the Cavalier Matters gift shop http://www.cavalier-gift-shop.org/index.php

Tania is very kindly taking the calendar to Discover Dogs, and we are hoping to sell copies at various veterinary surgeries too - so your winning photos will be seen by thousands of people!!

There will be an entry fee of £2 per photo or 3 for £5, and together with the proceeds from the sale of the calendar, this will be divided between Rupert's Fund, the Cavalier Collection Scheme [run by Margaret Carter and Tania Ledger] and Cavalier Rescue www.rupertsfund.com and www.veterinary-neurologist.co.uk/collection.htm

**PLEASE READ THE RULES CAREFULLY***

Each photo can only be entered ONCE into the competition.

Photos can only have minor digital enhancement [sharpening, contrast, cropping] EXCEPT for photos entered into the "Digitally Manipulated" Class.

You can enter more than one photo per month.

Photos should be in focus, ideally on the eyes

Photos should be in landscape format

ie

Ruperadjt161128.jpg

NOT portrait

IMG_1165.jpg

**You must own the copyright to the photo ie it MUST have been taken by yourself, or a family member or friend - entered with their permission. Professional photos [taken at pet shops, studios etc] are NOT eligible. By entering, you are allowing us to use the photo for the calendars and promotion of the calendar - you retain the copyright. The competition is open to all members of the forum and members of the Companion Cavalier Club in all countries.

The winner and a runner up for each month will each receive a very special rosette.

When you submit an entry by posting on to the board, you must ensure that you have a file of sufficient size, either in JPG or ZIP format, minimum size of 2mb, max 3mb.

**You must be able to submit your photo to me within one week of the results being announced, otherwise it will not be possible to reproduce it on the calendar and another photo will be chosen** Photos taken on a mobile 'phone are not of a sufficient size

The themes for each month are:
January - Snow
February - Loving
March - Spring
April - Prettiest girl
May - Handsomest boy
June - Cavaliers at play
July - Digitally Manipulated images
August - Cavaliers and their companions
September - Happiest Cavalier
October - Autumn
November – Oldies but goodies [over 7s]
December - Christmas

** All images to feature Cavaliers only please, except for August. **

The photographs will be chosen by two independent judges and will be on the appeal of the photo rather than technical merit. We have two very special judges this year, Sandra and Sally, who are enthusiastic supporters and fund raisers for Rupert's Fund.

Payment for entries is to be by Paypal to [email protected] – account is in the name of Trevor Hughes [so that I can ensure all entries have been paid for at the close of the competition], alternatively by cheque or a bankers draft in pounds sterling payable to "Syringomyelia DNA Research" [please e-mail me for the address to send them to].

If paying by Paypal, to help us please could you add a wee bit to cover their fees?

For us to receive £1, you need to pay £1.24
£5 send £5.38
£10 send £10.56
£12 send £12.63

http://www.clothnappytree.com/ppcalculator/ helps with calculations.

Please quote your board name, and your full name and address with your entry. Thank you.

######CLOSING DATE 9pm BST on Thursday 11th July ######

PLEASE NOW REREAD THE ABOVE, AS ANY IMAGES NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES WILL SADLY NOT BE ENTERED FOR JUDGING.

Any queries, please e-mail me at [email protected]

Last edited:
It sounds it but we did actually start it that date last year, and still struggled to get them printed and back in time for a show at the beginning of Sept!! There is a lot of work behind the scenes - even things like getting proofs from the printer take over a week.

If we can get the calendars prepared early, then there is more time to sell them :)

Actually one of the rescues up here start doing the FOLLOWING year's calendar as soon as the next year's is published EEK! They have monthly voting.

Hi Nickie ,

If I dont want to post them on the board but would prefer to email them straight to you , would that be ok? If so can you send me your email address please ? Thanks Sharon

I have PM'd you

If people are able to post to the board [once the categories are up] that would be very helpful as receiving e-mails and posting all the photos causes a lot of extra work :(

If you are not confident at posting photos, please post and ask for help, if you are really stuck, e-mail me at [email protected]

Hi Nickie , thanks , Iam ok posting photos online so will wait for categories to appear first ... Cheers

Back