• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Any Tips On Keeping Your Cavalier A Cool Cavalier

Brian M

Hi

Just wondering what different ways we all have in keeping all our Cavaliers chilled out on these hot days .
We may walk early in the morning or late at night and have little fans arounnd the house and feed our
boys and girls chilled treats such as melon ,but what other ideas do we have ,are there any other ways
people have developed to help our little ones.

All ideas ,hints and tips most wellcome .

Best Wishes

Bri

Ps I always keep my four in full coat so have to be extremely careful especially in the car .

Looks like our sunny weather has departed again:mad: but I've noticed my two have been instinctively seeking out the cooler places to rest. I put plenty of ice cubes in the water bowls to keep their water cool, and I know that you can get cooling mats that you can dampen and the dogs lie on them, someone posted about them recently, can't find the link, but now I think about it, it could have been facebook where I saw them. A damp towel on the floor might help - in your case 4 damp towels :p

Yeah the warmer weather is here. I don't worry about it much inside because we have A/C and its running. In the car I am glad my SUV has rear A/C vents so there is cold air blowing on Fletcher and my kids. I also froze a half bowl of water to then add water to it so Fletcher would have a cool drink, when we where in the pool over the weekend. But I don't think I even have to worry about that either since Fletcher loves the swimming pool. I do think we need to keep an extra eye on them in warmer months.

Back