Thread: Need a lifejacket anybody have one they love?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need a lifejacket anybody have one they love?

As we learned last weekend Fletcher will jump in the pool if there are people in it. He did fine swimming, we even showed him the stairs to get out and he did it on his own. There is a fence just around the pool however, I still want to get him a life jacket, with 4 kids under 7 we adults spend a lot of time watching the kids. Fletcher is just another kid to watch so a life jacket I think is a good idea. My youngest son, who can swim, has to wear one when all the kids are over (its my parents pool and he's MY only little kid- I can't make rules for my sister's kids) because you just have to be careful around a pool period. Fletcher is just now getting used to wearing a harness so I wanted one that is kinda lite weight. I'm also hoping to find one that is not real expensive since he will outgrow it and I'll have to buy another one next year.

Also, the pool is salt water but I still need to look out for his ears getting wet???? I made sure to rinse him off and dry the hair under/around his ears real good when he finished swimming. Anyone ever have a problem with that? I don't know these things none of the other dogs swim. My brother-in-law is a vet but I guess I can go ahead and say it now...he's the jerk in the family so we don't go to him for advice often. Even tho he's one of the adults out there, he can't even swim himself and sits on the stairs (what a wimp)

Thanks,
    Melissa

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lots of pet places online and in stores sell lifejackets for dogs -- they are flotation jackets and have a little fabric 'handle' on the back so you can grab the dog in the water.

For ex: http://www.google.com/search?client=...w=1182&bih=618

You might want to edit out the personal comments on family though. Don't forget this is a public board and anyone can read it. If you don't mind the person knowing your opinion then of course it doesn't matter.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

We use the EZ Dog lifejacket and love it! Fits perfecty!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Karlin View Post
    You might want to edit out the personal comments on family though. Don't forget this is a public board and anyone can read it. If you don't mind the person knowing your opinion then of course it doesn't matter.
    Thanks Karlin, I'll remember that but honestly my comments wouldn't come as a surprise if he read them so no it doesn't matter. He's a great vet really he worked very hard to be a vet but its his personality that keeps me from using him. Most people that see him professionally love him. We "get along"/ignore each other for the sake of my parents and the kids.
    But you are right to remind me the boards are public

Thanks,
    Melissa