Thread: Housetraining-the dog or me?

Post Thanks / Like

We are right on the coast in Myrtle.
    ~Shari mom to
    Henry, black and tan 12-07-11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by My Henry Boy View Post
    We are right on the coast in Myrtle.
    So you know what I mean. Fingers crossed I'm wrong about the hurricane season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MomObvious View Post
    Why do we say we are house training our puppies its more like he's training me?

AHHHHH Fletcher just ate his evening meal and normally we go directly outside but we are having a thunderstorm so I left him in his crate a little longer hoping the rain would slow up. Well it did and I took him out with a big golf umbrella trying the cover the puppy more than me. He sniffed around and around rain started pouring again but I was NOT going in until he went. He finally peed I was hoping for more but... I got soaked (oh well at least its not cold out) and put him in his crate while I went to change my clothes then I let him out to play a little with me for a few. Well, sure enough he started sniffing around and around a sure sign he needed to go you know what. So back outside we went. I got soaked over again but he did his business outside. All the house training tips say to watch your puppy carefully to avoid accidents before they happen well I went for that tonight at all costs and won. Oh its a good thing I love that little monster!! I hope he is good to go for a bit or at least until the thunderstorms pass or my husband gets home. HAHAHAA Gonna go start a load of laundry now. Oh the joys of owning a puppy I wouldn't trade it for the world, but its an adventure, a sense of humor diffidently required.

Please feel free to laugh at me! I got so wet I really looked like I stepped into the shower fully clothed twice! My kids thought it was funny.

Melissa
    Hi Melissa...
    You made me *smile...and have to admit..chuckle a little
    I feel for you young Mom's that are also dealing w/ the puppy issues! It isn't easy when pups require just as much attention as having a little baby !! Not easy.
    I'm not so young anymore ( am a grandma w/ 3 grandkids). I also no longer work outside the home...so I had time to take our little Wrigley out every hour when we first got him. He was potty trained quickly. It also helped that we had our ( now 3 yr. old ) labrador too..as he showed him what he was supposed to do...lol.
    Anyways.... praying your little pup gets the hang of this soon for you ! Like you said..they add such joy to our lives...so they are worth the effort.
    *Have a great day*
    ~ It's raining & thundering here today as well.